Java Developer at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Bachelor's in engineering or equivalent
Project Planning & Setup:
• Understand resource plan.
• Plan for knowledge enrichment, change management and quality management.
• Conduct estimation of time utilization of different resources and activities.
• Identify appropriate processes based on project landscape.
• Identify gaps and advise on improvements if required.
• Share inputs in creation of project plan with Project Manager.
• Review hardware/software requirement plan.
• Validate system build.
• Understand the test strategy, evaluate the design and identify gaps in the test plans, if any.
• Define KT plan.
• Customize project management system.
• Define standards and set Cognizant 20.
• Provide all support required during presales activities.
Requirement Gathering and Analysis:
• Understand the requirements from clients/ functional consultants.
• Participate in client calls and seek clarifications.
• Create a requirements traceability matrix.
• Provide inputs during creation of operational concepts and scenarios.
• Perform requirements feasibility with regards to testing and implementation.
• Analyze NFRs.
• Understand various functional and non functional requirements.
• Break down the requirements into smaller modules.
• Provide inputs for categorizing critical and noncritical requirements.
• Provide inputs in designing end to end solution from a technical perspective.
• Review and approve system architecture design.
• Analyze allocated task and understand BRD, low level and high level design.
• Allocate modules to developers for coding.
• Provide guidance to developers and set standards.
• Review pseudo codes written by developers and provide a go ahead for code development.
• Prepare for incremental code creation and unit testing.
• Oversee development process and update Project Manager on development progress.
• Review final codes written by developers on adherence to standards/functionality and approve for testing.
• Prepare weekly/monthly reports on the project and share with client/Project Manager.
• Ensure all system builds are prepared on time.
• Review test cases written by team Provide support for development of integration test cases as required.
• Include positive and negative test cases to check functionality.
• Check if peer review is completed at each step of test execution.
• Review, analyze and validate results.
• Follow up with team assigned for rework on code defects and close the same.
• Attend QA audits as and when required.
• Monitor system builds.
Project Closure Activities:
• Create strategy for roll back.
• Conduct dry run on pilots.
• Monitor the processes are being followed.
• Document changes in the system.
• Resolve issues that arise during project deployment/ closure.
• Check that all action items mentioned in the deployment checklist have been completed.
• Post final acceptance, conduct all closure schedules.
• Provide support in creation of a final project report.
• Conduct handover to AVM team.
• Monitor all system/security administration activities and ensure all audit requirements are met.
Service Support & Maintenance:
• Review incident/problem/change management plan created by team.
• Track issue/problem resolution.
• Conduct RCA.
• Define communication and issue resolution matrix.
• Drive and implement best practices for resolution of issues.
• Liaise with business users/SMEs to resolve issues if required.
• Review patch fixes created to prevent recurrence of complex problems.
• Track adherence to SLAs.
• Guide team members in the course of incident/ problem management.
• Conduct change impact assessment.
• Collate change records.
• Share change records with relevant stakeholders.
• Create and update knowledge articles in the knowledge management repository.
• Provide guidance to team members to maintain all documentation related to project.
• Conduct KT sessions.
• Create knowledge articles on the problem, workaround solutions.
• Monitor and report the usage of knowledge articles.
• Maintain knowledge management database.
• Provide assistance in selection of representative employee groups for training.
• Conduct training.
• Mentor team members in project teams with respect to product and domain skills on projects.
• Conduct technical, face to face interviews with candidates and support recruitment process.
• Set goals for team members and monitor performance.
• Coordinate with the project/program manager in understanding how the employee can better contribute to the project, seek feedback and address concerns.
• Conduct performance appraisal for team members.
• Organize team initiatives on a periodic basis.
|SNo||Primary Skill||Proficiency Level *||Rqrd./Dsrd.|
* Proficiency Legends
|Proficiency Level||Generic Reference|
|PL1||The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.|
|PL2||The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.|
|PL3||The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.|
|PL4||The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.|