Test Equipment Engineer at Ametek, Inc.
Posted in Engineering 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wilmington, Massachusetts
Job ID: 12133
AMETEK, Inc. (www.ametek.com) is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of more than $4 billion. The Company has approximately 15,000 employees at over 120 plants and 100 sales and service operations in the United States and more than 30 other countries. The company is a New York Stock Exchange company (symbol: AME) and has been listed since 1930.
AMETEK’s Corporate Growth Plan is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions & Alliances, Global & Market Expansion, and New Products. Its objectives are double-digit annual percentage growth in earnings per share and a superior return on total capital.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups:
• Electronic Instruments - a leading manufacturer of advanced monitoring, testing, calibrating, and display instruments for the process, aerospace, power and industrial markets worldwide.
• Electromechanical – a differentiated supplier of electrical interconnects technical motors and systems, and electric motors for floor care and other specialty applications.
The AMETEK Aerospace & Defense Division manufactures and provides repair and overhaul services for commercial transport, regional aircraft, business jets, military aircraft and military vehicles, and also serves both the airframe and engine component manufacturers and aftermarket industry segments. The division produces sensors and fluid management systems, power data systems, thermal management components and systems, and MRO services.
Sensors and Fluid Management Systems Business Unit
Our Sensors and Fluid Management Systems Business Unit has designed and manufactured aircraft sensors for over 60 years, starting with the first U.S. aircraft engine applications and serves both the military and commercial markets. We offer custom design and engineering services and high quality manufacturing standards to measure many aircraft operating parameters including temperature, speed, pressure, flow, and level. Our product portfolio consists of high temperature thermocouples, speed sensors, fuel gauging systems, fuel level and temperature sensors, lube oil level and temperature sensors, hydraulic level and temperature sensors, waste water level sensors, fuel flowmeters and flow switches, pressure sensors, accelerometers, angle of attack and other air data system sensors and cables and harnesses.
Ametek Aerospace & Defense is looking for an experienced Test Equipment Engineer with a strong manufacturing site background to fill a key opening in Wilmington, MA. This position is responsible for the design, programming, integration and troubleshooting of various electronic and electro-mechanical aerospace electronic component test systems. This plant is part of the larger Sensors and Fluid Management Systems Business Unit within the Measurement and Power Systems Division of AMETEK Aerospace and Defense.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design, develop and support Automatic and Manual Test Equipment for Avionics and aircraft sensors.
• Management of calibration services
• Work with manufacturing and design engineers to develop new/automated testing procedures
• Automate manual testing processes
Direct reports: None
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is required.
• 7-10+ years’ experience in a technical Manufacturing/Engineering environment with expertise in test methods and software
• Solid working knowledge of test methods and software for data acquisition and control applications, as well as the ability to understand technical concepts to the overall development of automated test devices
• Experience working within a team environment and ability to take a lead role in equipment development, deployment and maintenance
• Solid knowledge of electrical components and circuitry, as well as software development skills (Altium, C++, and LabVIEW)
• Use of industry standard data acquisition and communication devices in control PC applications.
• Experience and knowledge of standard aerospace communication protocols (ARINC 429, ARINC 825, and MIL-STD-1553)
• Demonstrated technical background is desired, as the candidate would be responsible for developing entire test sets and managing calibration services
• Exposure to best practices, e.g. lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, JIT, PMP and/or IMS Certifications etc. is a plus
• Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and communications skills (both written and oral) with attention to detail
• Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
• Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to relationship-building, both internally and externally
• Must be self-directed and be able to work well under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines
• Due to contracts with the United States Government, candidates must be either a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
• Please submit salary information with application. Resumes that do not contain salary information will not be considered.
• Local candidates only
Please submit resume and salary requirements to:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.