Supplier Development Engineer at Ametek, Inc.
Posted in Manufacturing 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wilmington, Massachusetts
Job ID: 12135
AMETEK, Inc. (www.ametek.com) is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of more than $4 billion. The Company has approximately 15,000 employees at over 120 plants and 100 sales and service operations in the United States and more than 30 other countries. The company is a New York Stock Exchange company (symbol: AME) and has been listed since 1930.
AMETEK’s Corporate Growth Plan is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions & Alliances, Global & Market Expansion, and New Products. Its objectives are double-digit annual percentage growth in earnings per share and a superior return on total capital.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups:
• Electronic Instruments - a leading manufacturer of advanced monitoring, testing, calibrating, and display instruments for the process, aerospace, power and industrial markets worldwide.
• Electromechanical – a differentiated supplier of electrical interconnects technical motors and systems, and electric motors for floor care and other specialty applications.
The AMETEK Aerospace & Defense Division manufactures and provides repair and overhaul services for commercial transport, regional aircraft, business jets, military aircraft and military vehicles, and also serves both the airframe and engine component manufacturers and aftermarket industry segments. The division produces sensors and fluid management systems, power data systems, thermal management components and systems, and MRO services.
Sensors and Fluid Management Systems Business Unit
Our Sensors and Fluid Management Systems Business Unit has designed and manufactured aircraft sensors for over 60 years, starting with the first U.S. aircraft engine applications and serves both the military and commercial markets. We offer custom design and engineering services and high quality manufacturing standards to measure many aircraft operating parameters including temperature, speed, pressure, flow, and level. Our product portfolio consists of high temperature thermocouples, speed sensors, fuel gauging systems, fuel level and temperature sensors, lube oil level and temperature sensors, hydraulic level and temperature sensors, waste water level sensors, fuel flowmeters and flow switches, pressure sensors, accelerometers, angle of attack and other air data system sensors and cables and harnesses.
This position’s primary goal will be to assure the SFMS supply base is appropriate, capable and positioned to support technology enhancements and sales growth. The Supplier Development Engineer, in collaboration with the Sourcing, Supply Chain, Supplier Quality and Engineering teams, will be responsible for continued development and performance improvement of all material and process suppliers.
This role will provide support for supplier identification, qualification and development across all SFMS supply chains (supporting sites in Reynosa MX and Wilmington MA).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Sourcing & Supply Chain teams in the management of suppliers; identification, evaluation, and approval of new suppliers, risk assessments and performance improvement.
• Assess supplier capability, capacity and risk.
• Facilitate resolution of supplier engineering issues and questions.
• Assess and track supplier compliance to required certifications.
• Perform materials obsolescence risk reviews and drive alternate part spec identification & qualification.
• Support Sourcing team in identifying potential sources for new technologies.
• Develop supplier work transfer processes to assure qualification actions and transfer prerequisites appropriately mitigate transfer risks.
• Support teams in improving Supplier Performance tracking/metrics and in documenting and driving improvement plans.
• Develop internal and Supplier training programs.
• Coordinate and perform a range of supplier engagement activities including on-site capability assessments and studies, gage/attribute R&R’s, problem solving, training/development, improvement projects, etc.
• Review customer contracts for supplier flow-down clauses; address flow-down requirements.
• Drive continuous enhancement of supplier efficiency and productivity.
Direct reports: No
• Bachelor Degree in technical discipline required; mechanical engineering preferred.
• Bachelor Degree or certification in Supply Chain Management preferred.
• Lean Sigma Green or Black Belt certification preferred.
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a Supplier Development Engineer or Supplier Quality Engineering role. Supplemental experience in Strategic Sourcing ideal.
• Demonstrated knowledge of RCCA / 8D processes.
• Experience in AS9100 or similarly regulated industry required.
• Experience in Lean Sigma environment and related methodologies – DMAIC, VSM, FMEA, SPC, Gage R&R, DOE, process mapping, Ishikawa diagrams etc….
• Responsibility for clausing flow–down to and compliance validation of supply base, including Counterfeit Parts Prevention, NADCAP, Specialty Metals.
• Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: effective written & verbal communication, interpersonal skills, well developed problem-solving skills; solid organizations skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills required, including ability to manage multiple projects across diverse commodities, suppliers and business functions/sites.
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret design drawings, specifications, cad/solids models….
• Collaborative approach; internally and with suppliers.
• Proactive with ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Improvement focused; seeks to learn and improve internal & supplier processes.
• Strong computer skills required; Excel minimum; Minitab ideal
• Travel: 40% - 60%; North America regions with potential to expand globally
• Relocation is not available for this position
• No phone calls, please
Please submit resume and salary requirements to:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.