Director of Sales Operations and Customer Service at Ametek, Inc.
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wilmington, Massachusetts
Job ID: 12136
AMETEK, Inc. (www.ametek.com) is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of more than $4 billion. The Company has approximately 15,000 employees at over 120 plants and 100 sales and service operations in the United States and more than 30 other countries. The company is a New York Stock Exchange company (symbol: AME) and has been listed since 1930.
AMETEK’s Corporate Growth Plan is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions & Alliances, Global & Market Expansion, and New Products. Its objectives are double-digit annual percentage growth in earnings per share and a superior return on total capital.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups:
• Electronic Instruments - a leading manufacturer of advanced monitoring, testing, calibrating, and display instruments for the process, aerospace, power and industrial markets worldwide.
• Electromechanical – a differentiated supplier of electrical interconnects technical motors and systems, and electric motors for floor care and other specialty applications.
The AMETEK Aerospace & Defense Division manufactures and provides repair and overhaul services for commercial transport, regional aircraft, business jets, military aircraft and military vehicles, and also serves both the airframe and engine component manufacturers and aftermarket industry segments. The division produces sensors and fluid management systems, power data systems, thermal management components and systems, and MRO services.
Sensors and Fluid Management Systems Business Unit
Our Sensors and Fluid Management Systems Business Unit has designed and manufactured aircraft sensors for over 60 years, starting with the first U.S. aircraft engine applications and serves both the military and commercial markets. We offer custom design and engineering services and high quality manufacturing standards to measure many aircraft operating parameters including temperature, speed, pressure, flow, and level. Our product portfolio consists of high temperature thermocouples, speed sensors, fuel gauging systems, fuel level and temperature sensors, lube oil level and temperature sensors, hydraulic level and temperature sensors, waste water level sensors, fuel flowmeters and flow switches, pressure sensors, accelerometers, angle of attack and other air data system sensors and cables and harnesses.
The Director, Sales Operations and Marketing role drives business growth using data-driven insights to support the sales organization, and designs and implements effective marketing strategies that align with SFMS business goals. This role works with Sales leadership and BU management on strategic initiatives to drive revenue growth and efficiencies; to gather insights from the company’s customer, marketing, and sales data; and to help the sales team and management make data-driven decisions that align with overall company objectives. Responsibilities also include developing and managing sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Coordinate investments in sales force effectiveness and productivity including planning, reporting, quota setting, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, and sales compensation design and administration. Finally, the role is responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring effective marketing strategies that align with the BU’s business goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Forecasting: Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the firm.
• Sales Process Improvement: Partners with sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place. Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement.
• Sales force productivity/CRM: Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity. Works closely with the stakeholders to understand firm sales and technology strategy. Recommends changes and enhancements to the company Customer Relationship Management technology platform.
• Reporting: Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization. Develops new reporting tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives.
• Training: Working closely with sales leadership to establish a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery of training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
• Marketing Planning: Develops and implement a cohesive marketing plan to generate quality leads for the sales team. Increase brand awareness through website optimization and social media presence
• Marketing Campaigns: Develop and monitor marketing campaigns, Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly, Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics
• Market and Product Line Trends and Analysis: Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth, track competitors’ activities, participate in technology roadmap development and product management activities to drive sales growth
• Leadership of Account Management team. Ensures customer satisfaction is monitored and proper customer management is implemented. Drive programs and projects for improvement in business’s Net Promoter Score. Lead or delegate and monitor critical BU negotiations for optimal results.
• Direct and support initiatives such as Growth Kaizen and other programs.
Direct reports: 2
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Business Management required; MBA is a plus
• 7-10+ years’ directing customer service and sales operations team strategy and team development, to include direct management and mentoring of subordinate staff
• 7-10+ years’ developing and driving marketing campaigns, utilizing outside marcom agency resources
• Must have experience working with aerospace and defense customer base with an organization selling highly engineering mechanical and/or electro-mechanical assemblies
• Must have experience using data analytics to drive the strategic direction of the organization
• Salesforce.com power user, capable of utilizing salesforce to drive data-driven decisions
• Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and communications skills (both written and oral) with attention to detail
• Highly strategic, forward-thinking, collaborative individual
• Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
• Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to relationship-building, both internally and externally
• Must be self-directed and be able to work well under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines
• Due to contracts with the United States Government, candidates must be either a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
• Please submit salary information with application. Local candidates only
Please submit resume and salary requirements to:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.