Account Executive at XPO Logistics, Inc.
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Reno, Nevada
Logistics done differently.
You’re excited by the challenge of connecting with clients, building relationships, and seizing opportunities. At XPO Logistics, we’re excited to connect with talented individuals who will focus on securing and growing top-tier and strategic accounts. In this intermediate-level, inside sales role, you will sell brokerage services to new and existing customers, focusing on your personal sales targets and new business development. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Independently search for, identify, and develop leads through trusted sources and cold-calling in order to secure sales and load volume to meet or exceed established goals
- Negotiate with established and developing customers to secure profitable rates and client satisfaction
- Maintain a strong understanding of the industry including rates, carriers, load capacities, and equipment
- Collaborate with team members to secure the terms of sale (negotiating rates, identifying carriers and specialized equipment, etc.)
- Follow established procedures and protocols regarding all loads to ensure the integrity of the shipment and the XPO brand
- Update internal tracking and reporting systems throughout the day for maintaining accuracy in sales and volume
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of professional sales experience
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of experience in transportation or Third-Party Logistics (3PL)
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.