Project Manager at Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Austin, Texas
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
What you will do
Under general supervision, responsible for the overall execution and performance of service executed mechanical or technical retrofit projects and L&M. Responsible for following consistent and repeatable project management standardized procedures and processes, and achieving financial results on assigned projects. Provides project coordination for day to day activities of FLSP’s, and sub-contractors. Secures new work and change orders from the existing customer base. Provides service project estimating and estimating reviews. Acts as a technical resource for Sales on large projects. Responsible for overall project safety program compliance.
How you will do it
- Plans, executes and controls assigned projects.
- Oversees the commissioning process to insure that it is performed in accordance with Johnson Controls standard practices.
- Resolves issues where other parties impact commissioning process.
- Facilitates escalation of product related problems.
- Secures new work and change orders from the existing customer base.
- Estimates work and presents proposals to the customer.
- Acts as a technical resource for Sales on large projects.
- Assists sales in project development efforts and performs pre-bid reviews.
- Recruits, hires and develops resources to staff the project team.
- Interfaces with the Truck Based team(s) to control manpower to proper staffing levels.
- Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions.
- Coordinates the drawing layouts / detailing for proper job installation.
- Analyzes financial reporting systems and project schedules to proactively address potential problems and manage risk. Investigates solutions and establishes project recovery plans.
- Provides ongoing cost and estimate analysis reporting. Manages allocation of costs to financial reporting systems.
- Uses Johnson Controls standard tracking and reporting tools to effectively communicate project progress and financial status to management.
- Proactively investigates opportunities for improvements in the project scope that will result in value added change orders.
- Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and secures customer acceptance.
- Responsible for asset management including collections, cost control, progress billings and payables.
- Oversees assigned projects for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
- Uses negotiation skills to consistently resolve disputes.
- Manages material procurement, warehousing and logistics processes.
- Provides high quality written communications.
- Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and Johnson Controls standards.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers and subcontractors.
- Attends job progress meetings as required.
- Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
- Ensures transition to appropriate Johnson Controls Truck-based team is achieved.
- Coordinates performance of owner training requirements.
- Adheres to safety standards.
- Insures that Johnson Controls team members, and subcontractors adhere to safety standards.
What we look for
- Two years of Engineering or trade school training such as an engineering degree or equivalent is preferred. Installation, Service, Engineering or Commissioning experience related to HVAC controls, BAS management, Fire management, Security management, and Mechanical systems is desired.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience. Able to travel.
- This will vary on project assignment.
- Proficient in Project Management software and financial accounting systems.
- Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment.
- Travel will vary on project assignment.
- Projects may exist outside of assigned geography
- Five or more years of comprehensive, technical and operational knowledge of the service business, particularly related to smaller fast track retrofit, remodel and tenant improvement types of projects.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.