MILLWRIGHT at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hosford, Florida
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Millwright - Hosford, FL
Do you have maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting and are looking for your next career move? if so, Georgia-Pacific is hiring a Millwright for our Hosford, FL OSB (Oriented Strand Board) facility. This is a skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. This position creates value by performing predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime, reliability and the assurance of meeting production and quality goals.
Georgia-Pacific in Hosford, FL manufactures Oriented Strand Board (OSB), compressed strands of wood chips that are bound together by adhesives. Common used are sheathing in walls, flooring and roof decking. To learn more about out Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Completing required paperwork (on computer or manually) such as work orders, equipment inspections sheets, time tickets, fire protection inspection sheets, JHA (Job Hazard Analysis), lock-tag-verify audit sheets, lock box systems, etc.
- Troubleshooting, installing aligning, dismantling industrial machinery and mechanical equipment
- Performing periodic maintenance routines on equipment to achieve optimal performance
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participate in the safety program
What You Will Need:
- A minimum of three (3) years maintenance experience as a millwright, welder or structural repairman in a manufacturing setting OR industrial military experience
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined spaces
- Experience with metal fabrication (cutting, welding, machining, etc.)
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Willing and able to work any shift to include variable start times, nights, overtime, weekends and holidays
- Willing and able to work 12 hour shifts
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience troubleshooting hydraulic equipment, circuits and components
- Experience troubleshooting electrical controls, PLC's, A/C and D/C motors, motor controllers and drives
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf