Regional HR Manager at XPO Logistics Freight, Inc.
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Logistics done differently.
You know that effective, engaged employees drive the success of a company. At XPO Logistics, we are always looking for strong leaders who know how to get the best out of their team. As the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) Regional HR Manager, you will be responsible for managing all field HR functions within your assigned region. You will manage a team of HR Generalists, and support senior HR leadership with projects. You will recruit talent, resolve employee relations situations, and promote a positive employee relations environment. If you’re ready to grow your career—to go bigger and better—we have an opportunity waiting for you at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Collaborate with business leadership to identify and implement HR interventions that have direct impact on the profitability of the assigned districts
- Train, coach, and manage performance of assigned HR Generalists
- Ensure HR Generalist are active in the districts and fully supporting the leaders and employees
- Deliver LTL and XPO-wide projects and initiatives across the districts and regions
- Evaluate effectiveness of district and local management teams; recommend and deliver interventions with support of HR subject matter experts
- Promote employee engagement through regular, personal contact with employees resulting in a positive employee relations atmosphere
- Drive communication activities, forums, and cadences that connect employees’ work to the broader business strategy
- Manage the business-related HR reporting requirements
- Champion of XPO values through modeling them and coaching others
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- 5 years of experience as an HR Generalist or Employee Relations Specialist
- Proven experience leading other HR professionals
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project) and HR Management Systems
- Availability to travel 50-70% of the time
It’d be great if you also have:
- HR certification
- HR experience in the logistics or manufacturing sector
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy, optimize resources, and develop, recommend, and implement solutions
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive materials and information
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oreal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.