Service Manager at SSI Schaefer Systems International
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Pleasant View, TennesseeJob Description:
SSI Schaefer Systems International
An Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled
SCHAEFER is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Posted Date 2018-05-14
Category Customer Service/Support
Get your logistics together. Evolve here.
Schaefer Systems International provides storage, materials handling, logistics and waste technology solutions to businesses throughout North America. We design and manufacture state-of-the-art intralogistic storage and picking solutions for all types of industries as well as plastic containers, pallets, and waste and recycling carts. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaefer Systems International is part of the SSI SCHAEFER Group, a global leader in logistics and materials handling founded in 1937 with offices and plants in over 50 different countries. For more information, visit http://www.ssi-schaefer.us.
The Service Manager will oversee the entire service team at our customer site in support of a long term maintenance contract. The Service Manager will work under the direction of and report directly to the Service Director. The Service Manager's role is to share their knowledge and skills with service team employees.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring for a team of Software Support Engineers, PLC Engineers and Mechatronics.
- Responsible to lead by example and ensure team compliance of all management directives, company and departmental policies, procedures as well as safety standards.
- Performs training and service programs to educate customers and staff in the proper operation and maintenance of products.
- Communicate all new or revised policies, procedures and /or processes to team members to ensure they have the most up-to-date and current information.
- Performs important areas of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, more complex, less-clearly defined issues.
- Coordinates and handles complex, unusual problems with Service Director
- Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly-defined problems.
- Administers and implements safety program, prepares and maintains safety certifications.
- Develops effective relationships with key customer contacts, other leaders and key stakeholders, business units, project teams, and operations in enabling the successful delivery of solutions for the business.
- Performs complex conflict resolution for internal and external conflicts.
- Responsible for maintenance contracts and third party service providers.
- Successfully defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
- Develop departmental budgets and business plans for functional area.
- Evaluate and recommend changes in methods or procedures in own area of responsibility.
- Identifies resource needs and may develop justification.
- Recommend/ determine organizational structures and supervisory relationships for own segment of company in cooperation with the Service Director.
- Applies supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
- Participates in the resolution of design and performance issues of semi-complex systems that integrate hardware and software.
- Provides guidance and services to educate customer and staff in the proper operation and maintenance of the material handling system.
- Prepares and conducts performance reviews for the Service team members
- Works independently with little direct supervision or review
- Create weekly team schedules to ensure appropriate coverage of work activities including but not limited to coordinating individual leave requests, ensuring team members have sufficient time for breaks, lunches etc.
- Coordinate and review Team schedules with the Service Director for approval.
- Participates in customer and internal meetings.
- Works as part of international team to ensure maximum system uptime and performance.
- Identifies assigns and directs team work assignments to effectively utilize resources complete assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitors team performance and recommends/implements improvement practices as needed with Service Manager approval
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Essential Functions.
- This job has supervisory responsibilities and typically manages exempt and non-exempt technical as well as engineering and IT support employees.
- 4-year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar work.
- At least 1 year of prior working supervisory experience managing and maintaining material handling systems.
- At least 18 months of prior Schaefer equipment technical expertise and knowledge
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of mechanical equipment & components.
- Have strong electrical skills including wiring, AC Power, AC Motors, electrical drawing & schematics and control panels.
- Knowledge and experience with the following controls components is highly valuable: Servo Drives, PLC, PC Controllers, DC Power Supplies, optical devices (i.e. encoders, photo eyes, etc.).
- Must be able to work with multiple third vendors.
- Must have the ability to track & measures Key Performance Indicators and Fault Data, evaluate & analyze the data, implement & direct improvement.
- Have a demonstrated ability to create reports and communication materials to best report and demonstrate continuous improvement of maintenance and operations of material handling equipment to our customer.
- Candidate must have working experience with MS office products.
Visit our YouTube Page @ www.youtube.com/warehouselogistics