Sr. Technical Project Manager at Pharmaceutical Research Associates, Inc.
Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: San Diego, CaliforniaJob Description:
Pharmaceutical Research Associates, Inc.
This is an opportunity to lead and innovate in a fast-moving, dynamic company environment. The Sr. Technical Project Manager is responsible for owning and achieving interim and final contractual deliverables for assigned software delivery projects/programs, according to the time, quality/scope and cost constraints. The position is based out of San Diego and requires up to 20% travel, domestically and internationally. Our ideal candidate will be a proven leader with a strong track record of working with teams and customers to bring new solutions to the healthcare and life-sciences market.
- Provide hands on expertise in the areas of program management, software implementation, customer support and client account management.
- Lead AGILE software development process acting as scrum master/team leader for a cross functional software development team.
- Act as liaison to clinical trial program management team for representation on solution delivery for a specific clinical trial solution
- Responsible for client satisfaction and delivery metrics (on time / on budget).
- Ensure compliance with all contract deliverables, terms and service level agreements.
- Create and maintain detailed project plans; monitor, track and report on project progress; manage project scope, issues, risks and change orders.
- Direct individual and team weekly goals, and monitor progress through a positive, collaborative, and encouraging work environment.
- Ensure all projects remain on schedule. Items with scheduling risk (potential delays) are proactively reallocated, assigned additional resources or properly re-prioritized.
- Produce timely and accurate reporting against project timelines and other metrics.
- Clearly communicate priorities and status to internal stakeholders.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to understand requirements and issues.
- Manage and direct customer support activities.
- Lead client account management teams, post-sales support and organic growth initiatives.
- Develop and implement tailored programs that provide continued value to the customer, ensure contract renewals and drive long-term account growth.
- Participate in various phases of pre-sales support.
- Minimum 8 years in project management and client product/service delivery, implementing enterprise systems and software with at least 3 years managing large-scale and complex enterprise software projects.
- Required knowledge and experience managing team's responsible software design/development, testing, technical operations and technical support.
- Prior success as primary client interface, program manager for enterprise software implementation project.
- Experience managing web/mobile application development, system integration, consulting or other technology delivery projects.
- Experience in managing Agile software development projects
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Advanced knowledge of formal project management methodology
- Demonstrated advanced experience with the working environment which applies to the scope of projects to be managed (e.g. software development, information technology or business process projects)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and deliver projects
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to provide leadership using best practice project management methods
- Ability to resolve problems with minimal management assistance; escalates appropriately
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- PMP or similar certification
- AGILE Scrum Master or similar certifications
- Voice of customer or Product Owner for AGILE software implementation experience
- Knowledge of clinical research (pharma, device and/or biotech sectors)
- Knowledge of clinical Research SaaS technology
- Understanding of healthcare security and compliance (HIPAA, Annex 11, FDA 21 CFR Part 11, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with mobile development platforms and frameworks
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities. Moves quickly to address unexpected problems or opportunities.