Construction Quality Assurance Inspector at RS&H, Inc.
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Jacksonville, FloridaJob Description:
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
We are currently seeking an Construction Inspector for the Aerospace and Defense Practice.
We take pride in having partnered with the Department of Defense for more than 70 years on facilities and infrastructure projects designed to protect, train, and service military personnel and their families. From hangars and airfields to training and command facilities, you could be a part of a team that is changing the landscape of national security. Whatever military projects arise, we're ready to support our uniformed men and women that protect and serve our nation.
RS&H, Inc. (the " Company "), a branch office established in Qatar by RS&H in the US ("RS&H-U.S.") has a Construction Quality Assurance Inspector opening at Al Udeid AB, Qatar. This position is an annual contract position. This position will work closely for and be under on-site operational control of a Senior Construction Quality Assurance Engineer of our Joint Venture Partner, Oneida Total Integrated Enterprises (OTIE).Under the general direction of your supervisor, the Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible for Title II construction quality assurance and oversight (inspection of construction) for seven design-build projects at Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar. Projects include:
- Repair CAOC Backup Generator & ATS, ALUA16-0307
- Construct ADA Brigade Headquarters, ALUA 13-0076
- Construct ADA Brigade Headquarters (TOC & Plans), ALUA 13-0076B
- Construct OSI LEP Building, ALUA 14-0051
- Construct 1 ECEG Vehicle Maintenance Facility, ALUA 16-0024
- Construct Renovation of B5452, ALUA 15-0024
- Construct Fire Station PEB, ALUA 15-0005
Duties include, but are not limited to: design review coordination; material/shop drawings submittal review; construction contractor request for information (RFI) review; and assist 379 th Expeditionary Civil Engineer Squadron with modification packages, including cost estimates, design analysis and specifications, coordination of construction time, and other Title II assignments.
Develop knowledge and keep abreast of construction quality assurance inspection, health and safety, and submittal review practices.
Perform field inspections, perform design calculations, verify the accuracy of dimensions and project data, and examine workmanship for conformity to standards.
Perform other duties as required or assigned.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, motivated, possess strong communication skills and be a team player.
- Associate's (AAS) degree in Concrete Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Equipment Systems Technology, or Construction Management Technology
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in construction practices, procedures and testing to include three years of quality control management of DoD construction projects.
- Must hold a current U.S. or Qatar driver's license and be eligible to obtain a US military ID card, credentialing at military installation and approval by client
- Acquire favorable results on federal background investigation
- Possess intermediate computer competency with word processing, using simple databases/email systems and managing files electronically
- Bilingual (English & Arabic) is preferred. As a minimum, candidate must possess English reading and writing skills in order to generate required reports.
- Possessing an active DoD security clearance is preferred. As a minimum, be eligible to reactivate or obtain a security clearance.
- Possessing a completed training certificate for the USACE Construction Quality Management training course is preferred.
Core Competencies :
In addition to the position's skills, education and experience requirements, the following RS&H competencies are considered foundational to understanding performance, now and in the future.
• Change Orientation
• Client Focus
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.