Developer Advisor - PS5993 at Anthem, Inc.
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Anthem, Inc. is the nation's leading health benefits company serving the needs of approximately 40 million medical members nationwide.
Your innovation. Our impact. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater health for our communities, and greater experiences for our customers. Innovation is a top priority. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that brings together industry leaders and technology experts, so together we can drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to create solutions and programs that can truly make a difference at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
You will develop, solution and design for our Billing & Finance systems for our mainframe based system using your Cobol and DB2 skills.
Internal Job Title: Developer Advisor
Location: Atlanta, GA
Responsible for programming on specific application subsets of the company’s application portfolio, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Owns the change request process and may coordinate with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and prepares technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Assesses current status and supports data information planning.
- Coordinates on-call support and ensures effective monitoring of system.
- Maintains technical development environment.
- Mentors others and may lead multiple or small to medium sized projects.
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
- Supports vendor evaluation.
- Requires BA/BS degree in related field (computer science, information technology) or technical institute training; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 5 or more years related experience; multi platform experience; expert level experience with business and technical applications, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Healthcare experience within Billing and Finance are required.
- Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, lead multiple small projects and provide troubleshooting support.
- Cobol – expert level.
- DB2 – expert level.
- JCL is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to engage business partners external to IT.
- Multi dimensional required.
- Multi database and/or multi language preferred.