Ethics & Global Investigations Attorney at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Washington DC
Associate Director, Ethics & Global Investigations, reporting the Associate Vice President –Ethics & Global Investigations. Among this person’s primary responsibilities will be management and direction of escalated Code of Ethics investigations. This person will work collaboratively across cross-functional teams including Corporate Security and Human Resources to ensure that individual investigations are being appropriately managed and moved forward in a timely manner, and serve as a resource for those conducting non-escalated investigations across the Company. Also among this person’s primary responsibilities will be counseling the business and individual employees on policy questions, including inquiries relating to potential conflicts of interest and travel, gifts and entertainment, and other business ethics issues.
· J.D. degree
· Lawyer admitted to the Bar in at least one US jurisdiction.
· Experience managing complex ethics, compliance or legal investigations in-house or as outside counsel.
· 4-6 years of investigations, litigation or other relevant experience. Experience managing broad, complex investigations, including anti-corruption and fraud investigations, is preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to lead project teams and manage project implementation.
· Superior analytical skills and ability to access potential risks that are not readily apparent, particularly in the context of conflicts of interest.
· Excellent ability to collaborate and diplomatically influence cross-functional teams, senior leaders and other key stakeholders. Experience interacting with, and presenting to, senior-level individuals.
· Excellent listening skills and sound judgement that is demonstrated by rapid and disciplined decision making that is founded on strong ethical values.
· Strong understanding of various anticorruption and anti-bribery laws (e.g., U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, India Prevention of Corruption Act, U.K. Bribery Act).
· Excellent leadership skills.
· Language – must be proficient in English.
· Preferred location: Philadelphia or Washington, DC metropolitan areas