Communications Manager at Pioneer Natural Resources USA, Inc.
Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Irving, Texas
Serve as client representative to assigned clients/departments and coordinate the timing of and the best method to deliver needed communications to the various Pioneer asset areas, service organizations and corporate entities. Position will work with Communications Manager, Editorial and Content, and Communications Manager, Creative Services, to design communications, create delivery strategies and manage communications for maximum impact. Will create strong messaging to effectively communicate with employees and improve standards of excellence with regard to business goals. This position will handle various media relations inquiries and coordinate regular media trainings for key employees.
- Collaborate closely with internal and external resources to create content and deliver effective written articles, videos, photography, printed materials, and various electronic media sources on behalf of assigned clients/departments.
- Work closely with assigned clients to determine messaging that pertains specifically to their organizational needs on behalf of clients and help in the communications efforts for each.
- Research and create appropriate content for assigned client messaging and circulate for inter-departmental approvals and final approvals with the Corporate Communications group and Executive Management.
- When appropriate, review and approve content and messaging to insure it meets Legal and Corporate Communications guidelines.
- Work with Corp Comms Manager of Operations on the scheduling and release of client messaging in line with other Company communications. Provide clients with strategic communications counsel regarding the most effective tools to achieve the desired impact making sure the materials developed are in line with corporate branding standards.
- Handle media relations requests as assigned; schedule and conduct media relations training
- Assist with the creation of corporate and local level advertising media by advising content developers and graphics personnel to create content to promote projects, events and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or business required. Advanced degree or professional certificate preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience and 3 years of industry experience preferred. Client/agency experience preferred. Proven leadership abilities to supervise projects a must.
- Minimum 4 years media relations experience required.
- Salary competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Pioneer Natural Resources is an EEO/AA-M/F/disability/veteran Employer.