Java Developer at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morrisville, North Carolina
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Server side tools and technologies using Java, Spring Boot, Apache CXF including build and test tools such as Maven, Gradle and Junit.
· Build scalable services abstracting core business logic using Java.
· Collaborate with Scrum team and specialists and ensure the timely implementation against the IT product roadmap and strategy.
· Contribute to and promote technical standards & procedures.
We are looking for applicants who have a flair for technology and are willing to take up challenging assignments.
***Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
**Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
· 3-6 years of experience in server side programming using Java.
· Good knowledge on Object Oriented programming and data structure concepts.
· Knowledge of source code control systems (SVN).
· Knowledge of responsive UI design and multi-platform UI development.
· An understanding of project-development planning and management practices e.g. Agile/Scrum development
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
· An open mind, positive attitude and the ability to learn & adapt quickly.
· Passion for technology.
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter:USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.