Team Assistant III (Pecos, Texas) at Texas New Mexico Power
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Pecos, TexasJob Description:
Texas New Mexico Power
Job ID: 6085991
Location: TNP, Pecos, TX
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Applications must be submitted no later than June 4, 2018.
This position is located in Pecos, Texas
Department: NTE Distribution Engineering
TEAM ASSISTANT III
Under direct supervision, schedules appointments, gives information to callers, takes dictation, and otherwise relieves the team of clerical work and administrative detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors budget variance reports and assists in making corrections
- Updates procedures related to data requirements
- Provides training to other team members
- Stays current in areas of expertise to support the team
- Summarizes and assembles data for use in presentations, meetings, reports, and correspondence using managerial unit and/or company-wide sources
- Recognizes problems and recommends changes to improve processes
- Generates, updates, and inputs information into various databases in an accurate and timely basis
- Drafts various written materials including correspondence, charts, graphs, vouchers, and reports
- Compiles data using prescribed methods
- Receives, screens, and distributes incoming mail
- Receives telephone calls and refers to appropriate parties, records and relays messages and/or takes other appropriate action
- Reproduces and distributes reports and correspondence, assembles and maintains filing systems, maintains office equipment, orders office supplies, and schedules conference rooms
- Processes vouchers, journal entries, and other forms and information using the FERC chart of accounts and PNMs accounting procedures
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex assignments
- Organizational skills and experience in managing heavy workloads
- Knowledge of gas and electric distribution terminology, PNM policies and procedures, and other rules and regulations as they apply to the Team
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED with 3 to 5 years experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write complex correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to use general office equipment, a personal computer, and word processing, spreadsheet, database, Passport and Project98 Banner software
ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITY:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to stand and/or walk up to 1/3 of the time; and regularly required to sit up to 2/3 of the time and talk and listen for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to reach is required to perform computer applications and good vision is required to perform all aspects of the job.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Office environment.
TEAM ASSISTANT III
Salary Grade: G12
Minimum Midpoint Maximum
$30,878 - $40,141 - $49,404
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.