Energy Technician Helper (Princeton, Texas) at Texas New Mexico Power
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Friendswood, TexasJob Description:
Texas New Mexico Power
Job ID: 6085986
Location: TNP - Princeton, TX
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Applications must be submitted by May 28, 2018
Position is located in Princeton, Texas
Department: NT Operations Coord
Provides assistance to general labor, construction, maintenance and/or service related work as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists Energy Technicians in building and maintaining electrical facilities
- Performs maintenance on vehicles and equipment
- Prepares equipment and material for system use
- Operates heavy and light equipment
- Performs meter reading
- Trims trees
- Observes safety rules for electrical employees
- Performs such other duties as assigned
- Strong listening and observation skills
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to successfully complete training as needed to be promoted to an Energy Technician within 6 months
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with 1 to 2 years of general construction experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a current, legally valid Driver's License and meet the Company's driving record requirements.
- Ability to acquire a Commercial Driver's License.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and multiply and divide by 10s and 100s using units of American money, weight measurement, volume and distance
ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITY:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to perform physical activity such as climbing ladders and lifting heavy objects overhead. Ability to learn and climb poles as needed.
- Construction environment.
- HS Diploma or Gen Ed Diploma
Pay Rate: $18.00 per hour
This position performs one or more covered or "safety sensitive" tasks that are regulated by the Department of Transportations (DOT) natural gas pipeline or commercial motor vehicle driver related regulations. Both types of jobs require that all individuals meet specific criteria, training, and pre-employment qualifications as defined by the DOT, which may include physical examinations and/or successful background information as required for the specific job.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.