Senior Director Business Development at Otsuka
Posted in Business Development 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Princeton, New JerseyJob Description:
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: "Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide." Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of maental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a "big venture" company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion ( 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
This individual will report into the Sr. Vice President, Business Development. He/ she will provide Business Development leadership focusing on clinical stage business development opportunities. The Sr. Dir. Business Development must possess substantial and extensive scientific knowledge and experience working with compounds and development. In addition, the role requires extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including a broad and deep understanding of development, regulatory and commercial. This individual will lead the process for identifying, prioritizing and sequencings of projects within clinical stage business development. Ensure initiatives are in alignment with corporate strategy objectives. Acts as a communication conduit for business project status, actions, decisions, risk and issues and schedules for assigned projects. Lead various corporate initiatives as needed.
• Business development experience specifically within clinical stage business development
• Requires demonstrated knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical development and commercialization and business practices required to successfully bring drugs to market and launch drug product
• Knowledge of regulated environments
• In-depth knowledge of enterprise portfolio management and strategy
• Extensive scientific knowledge
• Self-starter who is able to effectively lead multiple projects simultaneously
• Deliver and produce outcomes consistently over time
• Strong negotiator and collaborator who strengthens business relationships
• Effective creator and presenter of executive and functional information
• Strong business acumen and analytic and quantitative skills
• Utilizes experience, presentation and influencing skills to facilitate successful acquisition of the right opportunities
• Demonstrates team and resource management skills; including the ability to manage team dynamics across companies.
• Deep knowledge of Behavioral Healthcare at the state and local level
• Knowledge of behavioral payor organizations and trade associations
• Knowledge of organization and funding by state, state laws, agencies and accrediting bodies especially Medicaid and MH/SA
• Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams.
• Consistently demonstrates competencies at the Senior Leader level: Strategic Agility, Learning Agility, Building Effective Teams, Developing Directs/ Others, Decision Quality, Dealing with Ambiguity, Managerial Courage, Managing Vision/Purpose
Education and Related Experience:
• Required: BS/BA and scientific graduate degree (PhD or MD)
• MBA preferred, but not mandatory with:
o 10 years or more working in business development, commercial and/or medical affairs area of pharmaceutical or biotechnology
o Experience in sourcing and evaluating pharmaceutical or biotech products, preferably in the field of rare diseases, for potential licensing/acquisition
o 3 years managing people, vendors or high performing teams.
o Excellent communication, presentation, and project management skills
o Independent, creative, highly motivated team player with a “nothing is impossible” attitude
o Able to perform in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and communicate complex information clearly