Server Administrator at Park Place Technologies
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Mayfield Heights, OhioJob Description:
Park Place Technologies
Park Place Technologies is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
IT / IS • Mayfield Heights,
Shares responsibility for all aspects of server support with the infrastructure team. Perform a variety of maintenance, evaluation, installation, and monitoring tasks on company servers, workstations, printers and phone system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Installation/configuration, operation, maintenance of system hardware and software with Windows Server 2012/2016, Active Directory, GPOs, Azure, O365, and Exchange.
• Participate in the design and review of new Windows systems and Windows application deployments in both workstations and servers.
• Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of Windows systems to meet corporate objectives.
• Define and perform system backups and recovery procedures to ensure full data retrieval.
• Perform file system and database configuration and management.
• Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems, including end user desktop PCs and enterprise data servers.
• Ensure that Windows-based workstations and servers comply with established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines.
• Monitor and test system performance; provide statistics and reports.
• Recommend and execute modifications to Windows systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
• Experience with designing and implementing Active Directory and related services DNS, WINS, DHCP, FRS, and DFS.
• Able to troubleshoot and resolve all AD replication issues and logon problems with O365 and Azure.
• Interact with helpdesk team, acting as an upper level support for workstation problem resolution.
• Ability to write and update concise and logical technical documentation, including, but not limited to; diagrams, charts, specifications and design models.
• Ability to work with team members, at all levels, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
• Ability to make strategic hardware and software recommendations.
• Experience supporting Data Domain and EMC storage solutions.
• Willingness to participate in on-call rotation during off hours and weekends
• Supports corporate IT (information technology) and depot networks, including remote (VPN) access to those networks, including troubleshooting LAN issues in conjunction with network administrator
• Escalate problems (when required) to the senior system administrator, network administrator or IT Director.
• Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Perform preventative maintenance as needed or directed.
• Maintain documentation for production environments.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Education College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or comparable certification or work experience
Experience 5+ years experience with server administration of VMware 6.0, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Hyper-V on WS 2012 R2
Well versed with Windows desktop operating systems.
Experience as a senior level administrator/engineer a plus.
Certifications or Licenses A+ certification. The following are not required but desirable: Network+, certifications in the Microsoft Certified Professional program; any other approved information technology certification. VMWare, and/or SAN Storage certifications a plus.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Working knowledge of network and desktop administration in a LAN environment. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, vendors, customers, and/or the public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Other: Works well with defined procedures and has ability to define new procedures; works independently, has a solid understanding of all aspects of server and network hardware and operating systems.
• Occasional travel to other PPT locations and/or data center
• Less than 10%
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Long periods of time sitting at a desk (daily). Frequent walking.
• Manual dexterity to operate computers, related hardware and general office equipment, such as phone, fax/copier/scanner.
• Frequent reaching, pulling and pushing with hands and arms.
• Lifting of up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to speak and hear adequately.
• Clear vision at close, mid and far distances.
• Occasional driving.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Office environment (closed climate).