Associate Buyer Planner at Park Place Technologies
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Marlborough, MassachusettsJob Description:
Park Place Technologies
Park Place Technologies is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Procurement / Planning • Marlborough,
This position is responsible for procurement / planning and its successful execution under the direction of the Procurement Supervisor. This includes the procurement / planning and timely delivery of computer equipment, products, and components needed to meet the objectives of the business at the best total cost, quality and delivery. Execute tactical buys from suppliers both domestically and internationally. as part of the company's procurement team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Partner with planning team to fully understand spare parts requirements for new maintenance contracts. Negotiate pricing, and place orders with Suppliers to achieve lowest possible cost consistent with quality and reliability.
• Work directly with external Suppliers on fulfillment of purchase orders to ensure product reaches intended destinations in a timely manner and in accordance with export compliance rules when required.
• Partner with internal departments (i.e.., Logistics, Exports, Accounting, Inventory Control) to ensure accurate recording of procured product in financial systems and resolve discrepancies related to receiving or billing.
• Initiate item set-up and purchase requisition within financial/purchasing system based on approved specs and negotiated pricing with Supplier.
• Make data driven decisions based on data published by business analysis team.
• Advise management of potential production, distribution and supply chain issues.
• Work cross-functionally with production and distribution to schedule and expedite testing of computer equipment and components.
• Enforce shipping policies with Suppliers to ensure quality packaging and timely arrival of shipments.
• Develop and utilize Supplier Management "Best Practices" to proactively manage suppliers.
• Work in a team and assist with daily priority shipments as required.
• Sales order, purchase order and RMA processing in ERP system as necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
• B.S./B.A. in Business, Finance,Accounting, Computer Science or related field.
• Entry-level 1-3 years' planning/buying experience.
• Experience in the 3rd party hardware service industry, or hardware resale; general knowledge of information technology services, preferred.
• Experienced in supplier negotiation and qualification skills.
• Strong organizational, analytic, and problem solving skills
• Strong ability to manage time and prioritize, manage multiple high priority projects, have sense of urgency.
• Self-directed, driven and results oriented
• Ability to interact successfully with individuals of various backgrounds/departments such as Materials Management, Field Services, Contact Center Reps, Level III Engineering, Management and Finance.
• Ability to perform under pressure in a fast paced environment and to maintain a positive attitude in any situation, have sense of ownership, desire to improve and excel
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, Suppliers, customers, and/or the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Basic business accounting finance skills.
Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
Attention to detail
Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a very fast paced work environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Ability to stand, walk, sit.
• Manual dexterity to type on computer keyboard and operate general office equipment.
• Must be able to speak and hear adequately.
• Clear vision for close distances, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Office environment (controlled climate).
• Limited travel, less than 25%.