Accounts Receivable Analyst - Gainesville, VA at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Gainesville, Virginia
Job ID: 136667
Oldcastle Architectural, Inc., a CRH company, is a leading supplier of products for North America’s building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle Architectural is the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With 200 operating locations and 6,000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 35 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle Architectural is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH Americas, a leading global diversified building materials group.
This position is responsible for Credit Specialist Clerk and is seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual to work in our finance department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers and sales
- Collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast-paced goal oriented accounting department
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues, prepare customer refund and account adjustment requests, resolve discrepancies and short pays. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the financial integrity of accounts receivable accounts
- Insure company adherence to corporate credit policies and procedures for consistent handling of collection matters to maintain good customer relations
- Research credit applications, notify customers of approval/disapproval status and document pertinent credit information in accordance with company procedures
- Research and respond to all accounts receivable inquires in a prompt manner
- Works with dispatchers and sales representatives to handle customer requests
- Communicate and follow up effectively and timely with customers regarding accounts
- Preparation of monthly reports on condition of A/R
- Improves receivable turnover through efficient collection follow-up, while maintaining and promoting favorable customer relations. Analyzes paying practices of customers and recommends action on delinquent accounts
- Identify problem accounts and provide regular updates of receivables to Controller
- Assists in developing and updating procedures as needed
- Run sales reports from database and uploads to spreadsheet for analysis and support
- Research and resolve transactions in the unapplied account
- Monitors credit hold and customers line of credit
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Associate’s Degree from a two year college and a minimum of 3 years of Accounts Receivable experience
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and proficient with MS office.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages
- Previous accounting experience and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting math and accurate in data entry and data research with 10-key operation experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as new vendor forms, purchase orders, receiving documents, vendor statements and invoices, credit applications, and SOX documents
- Strong ability and skill to follow-up, attention to detail and organization
- Lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Architectural, Inc., a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.