Sr. Software Engineer - QA Automation at XPO Enterprise Services, Inc.
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Portland, Oregon
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we know that cutting-edge technology drives our success. As the Senior Software Engineer-QA Automation, you will be responsible for quality assurance support for the development, maintenance, and enhancement of application solutions. Your focus will be on participating in system implementation, analyzing requirements, and creating test data to ensure new and revised systems meet user needs. If you’re ready to grow your career—to go bigger and better—we have an opportunity for you at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Create automated tests as per the existing automation framework using current company tools and technologies
- Participate in designing and maintaining the organization’s automation framework and infrastructure
- Provide automation estimation and scheduling during new application development or enhancements and modifications
- Participate in reviewing business requirements. functional specifications, and design documents
- Generate automation ideas, scope, and time and cost estimates based on the testing needed for applications
- Assist in creating a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environment to enable frequent and scheduled execution of tests; help execute the planned and automated tests
- Participate in Proof of Concepts and review new tools
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related technical area; or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6 years of related experience in testing and automation
- Strong proficiency with Windows applications and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using UNIX, Oracle, PL/SQL, Java/C++/C#, HTML, ERP, REST Services, shell scripting, Selenium, or related automation tools
- Ability to read code and participate in code reviews; experience in automating at UI/API/Database level using appropriate tools
- Experience using building tools like Teamcity and Jenkins to implement CI/CD
- Knowledge of the technical stack in an n-tier application and ability to identify different types of testing that can be applied in each tier
- Availability to provide 24/7 on-call rotational support of applications as needed
It’d be great if you also have:
- 6 years of experience in large technical environments
- Experience using tools like SVN, GitHub, etc.
- Knowledge of test case management tools like Quality Center or Jira (Zephyr or XRay)
Be part of something big. #LI-RP2
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.