Maintenance Millwright at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Monticello, Georgia
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Maintenance Millwright – Monticello, GA
Are you a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with strong problem solving skills? Do you have experience troubleshooting and managing industrial equipment and processes? If so, then we are interested in learning more about you! We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Millwright for our Monticello facility. The Maintenance Millwright ensures machine uptime through preventative and predictive maintenance and by troubleshooting malfunctioning equipment. Successful individuals will have an opportunity to increase their skills and knowledge of the profession to foster professional growth.
The Monticello, GA facility is part of our Building Products division, and it manufactures MDF Composite Panels and prefinished boards that are designed for machinability, performance and weight. Georgia-Pacific’s Building Product business has consistently been among the nation’s top suppliers of building products to building materials dealers and large warehouse retailers. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Inspect, remove and/or install mechanical drive components to include but not limited to: bearings, drive/idler pulleys and sprockets, belts, chains, gear reducers, and motors
- Troubleshoot and repair various components in hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Read blueprints and schematics
- Perform lubrication preventative maintenance and troubleshoot lubrication related failures
- Maintain proper storage and inventory of all lubricants
- Assist maintenance personnel and production personnel in the determination of effective grease, oil, and hydraulic fluid application methods
- Participate in preventative maintenance development and scheduled parts replacement
What You Will Need:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings, and pumps
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors
- Experience reading blueprints
- Experience troubleshooting & repairing hydraulics & pneumatics systems and reading hydraulic schematics
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Three (3) years or more of experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial equipment
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Experience with fabrication, cutting with a torch, and welding with an arc welder
- Certified Lubrication Specialist (CLS), OR, Certified Oil Monitoring Analyst (OMA), OR Machinery Lubrication Technician (MLT) certification
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience performing lubrication preventative maintenance and troubleshooting lubrication related failures
Why Work For GP?
A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf