Group Insurance Senior Group Underwriter at Prudential
Posted in Insurance 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: dresher, Pennsylvania
Group Insurance is an operating unit within the U.S. Businesses Division that primarily focuses on creating, distributing, and administering a complex range of life and disability insurance products for many top Fortune 500 companies. Prudential has been underwriting group insurance plans since 1916. Today, our Group Insurance business unit is the nation’s second largest group life carrier and a leading disability carrier, proudly servicing nearly 20,000 clients—and insuring more than 20 million employees and their families. Group Insurance has operation centers across the United States.
The Senior Group Underwriter is accountable for underwriting Group Life, Disability and Voluntary proposals, renewals and on-going case activity in accordance with statutory regulations and existing underwriting policies and practices, assessing risk and making and communicating decisions in a manner which contributes to the profitability of the product and reputation of the company.
Main Job Responsibilities/Competencies:
Assesses, calculates and specifies the conditions under which Prudential is willing to accept risk on group life and disability business for prospective and in-force customers. This includes, but is not limited to, the review and analysis of risk criteria, demographic data, financial data, rating formulas, case specific experience, product filings and statutory requirements.
- Independently applies Underwriting judgment, formulates pricing decisions, negotiates within their authority limit, handles standard reporting requests and has a strong command of rating/tools applications and policies and procedures.
- Able to prioritize and balance multiple competing priorities independently.
- Independently communicates and negotiates with internal partners.
- Actively engages in supporting the positive consultative outcomes crucial to our long-term success
- Creates accurate offers, standard experience reports and/or evaluations, projections for assigned accounts and handles more customized reporting requests.
- Maintains updated records and case files in accordance with underwriting and records policies & procedures.
- Demonstrates an awareness of regional trends, competitive landscape and factors that influence the marketplace and regulatory environment
- Acts as a subject matter expert for low complexity topics.
- May handle a limited number of customized reporting requests.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced underwriters
- Expected to contribute to projects as a team member
- Group Life and/or Disability underwriting experience, preferably 3+ years,
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work independently
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work with limited oversight
- Results and profit oriented
- Strong Analytical and mathematical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and email software
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationships
- Understands and adheres to policies and procedures
- Exhibits behaviors aligned with leadership competencies