Director, Disability Claims at Prudential
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Prudential’s Group Insurance, Long Term Disability Claim Operation is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our Team as a Director of Long-Term Disability Claims. The Director has ultimate accountability for claim administration and claims management for the Long-Term Disability (LTD) product. This involves setting financial expectations for each team and the division, and ensuring that those expectations are met by working closely with associates throughout the division on making appropriate claim determinations and directing claimants back to work.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Leads, plans, and directs a unit of 60-80 staff in a Long-term Disability claim organization to achieve the Group Insurance strategic imperatives.
- Defines LTD core division priorities and collaborates across Group Insurance to ensure execution on the initiatives and alignment with internal key stakeholders.
- Participates in planning, development, and implementation of strategic and operating plan
- Serves as technical resource to subordinates and others in organization for disability management
- Develops deep industry and customer insight across all markets and utilizes that knowledge to drive delivery of innovative solutions to differentiate Prudential in the LTD market.
- Serves as the business owner for key LTD initiatives to improve business performance and implement process improvements.
- Leads all talent development initiatives within unit to ensure the right skills and competencies are in place to meet the business goals.
- Responsible for directing the evaluation, investigation, negotiations, and settlement of LTD claims department.
- Works closely with Account Managers and Sales personnel
- Extensive experience in the Long-term Disability Claims Management industry, at the leadership level
- Significant experience managing several concurrent assignments/projects while influencing a multitude of resources
- Strong presentation skills. Comfortable leading meetings, review sessions, status updates, etc., with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with and influencing key stakeholders across organizational boundaries and in a matrix environment
- Successful track record as a change leader in a large corporate environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills coupled with the ability to work with executives across the organization
- Ability to think strategically with detail orientation, and the ability to translate strategy into outcomes
- An experienced professional who leads with a strong moral compass