Plastics Process Technician II at Jabil Circuit
Posted in Engineering 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chaska, Minnesota
Under general supervision, performs routine to semi-routine experiments for process or R & D engineering. Records and reports results. Reviews rejected production runs. Performs basic set up of equipment and audits the work of line operators for accuracy. Reports discrepancies to engineering. Assist with monitoring the assembly/molding process by troubleshooting problem processes and assisting with identifying quality issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Tends automatic or semiautomatic machines and related equipment in a continuous production/processing operation.
- Follows production/process specifications or instructions of higher level technical personnel.
- Monitors meters, gauges, valves, flow ratios, temperatures, pressures, and related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence to production/process specifications.
- Responsible for line set-up.
- Performs tests to verify production/process conditions.
- Reports any malfunctions or abnormalities and makes minor adjustments and repairs to equipment.
- Maintains operating records and reports of test results.
- Isolates problems for further analyses.
- Collects and documents results, and generates reports.
- May evaluate new processes, components, products, and systems in conformance with engineering specifications.
- Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- May be required to ensure correct functioning and identify and discrepancies.
- May advise operators and inform engineers regarding processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Learns to apply and support lean manufacturing principles.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- HS Diploma/GED and 2-4 years of experience; or Associates Degree in related discipline and 1-2 years of experience
- Automated assembly manufacturing experience preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.