Chubb Associate - Junior Java Developer at Chubb
Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
This is an entry level java developer position that will assist in developing bots for process automation S/he will be a contributor to agile teams by providing services that ensure Chubb is aligning technology efforts with business information needs. The person selected will learn agile methodology of software development, Bot development using the latest technologies and framework like Work Fusion and Soroco. The intent is to develop a junior java developer to become a well-rounded Bot developer ready to take on any challenging opportunity.
The junior java developer position requires a hard-working person who has an ability to think analytically, good with logic and thorough in the work they produce.
Java Developer Essential Job Functions:
- Develop Bots for simple process automation
- Create Bots that interact with all kinds of APIs and process the response.
- Create Bots that interact with legacy applications or 3rd party services.
- Convey problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers.
- Develop and maintain clear and succinct documentation.
- Perform various QA/Testing functions within the team
- Provide strong support in cultivating an environment that encourages the use of data to support problem solving, critical thinking, and innovation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 0-2 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor Degree in Information Systems, Engineering,
- Highly organized, possessing strong analytical abilities
- Excellent written/verbal skills
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word required.
- Ability to interact well with various levels of the organization
- Ability to quickly learn project processes and their incorporation into the tools utilized.
- Orientation toward details
- Works successfully in a team environment and independently
- Ability to quickly adapt to change
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.