Process Operator I at Community Coffee
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Community Coffee Company is a high performance company with emphasis on teamwork and employee care. Steeped in tradition as rich as our coffee, we pride ourselves on our commitment to providing exceptional products, services, and solutions for our customers. Focused on growth, our company is looking for exceptional individuals who share our values and our vision of being the best coffee company in America.
We are searching for a Process Operator I to be responsible for performing a variety of process operations to mass-produce roasted, ground and/or flavored coffee products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors processes from receipt of green coffee to delivery of a quality product to the packaging department.
- Operates one or more machines, such as automatic roasting equipment, automatic grinding equipment, flavoring equipment, and rework or transfer equipment. Conducts cleaning procedures of all equipment according to established guidelines.
- Initiates startup, prepares equipment and materials, monitors and shuts down each phase of batch operation. Operates automatic or manual machinery.
- Monitors process, identifies problems, and makes adjustments to equipment to maintain desired operating conditions.
- Troubleshoots systems to optimize performance and takes corrective actions to ensure product quality.
- Records production output, downtime, hours, and other data as required. Submits a daily production report at the end of each shift. Maintains up-to-date equipment log.
- Performs routine quality checks such as moisture and color.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance such as greasing, and documents work in an equipment log and Master Cleaning Schedule.
- Assists maintenance in the repair of machinery by providing troubleshooting information, holding tools/lights and other assistance as needed.
- Responsible for sanitation and maintenance of self, equipment and work area to have knowledge of and to comply with CFR 110 - Current Good Manufacturing Practices and Global Food Safety Initiative Standards
- Transfers raw materials via rolling hoppers, pallet jacks (electric and manual) or forklifts.
- Assists in other areas/work stations as production needs require.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 0 – 1 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- No Travel requirements
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k), short- and long-term disability, paid time off, employee assistance program, credit union, and educational assistance.
Community Coffee Company, LLC is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.