PROCESSOR at Freedom Mortgage
Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: RT Melville, New YorkJob Description:
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job ID: 2451
Location: RT Melville, NY
Functional Area: Retail
Department:RT Staten Island NY
Employment Type:Full Time
Relocation Provided: No
The Loan Processor III is responsible for processing the full document process by managing the customer
relationship from application to closing while ensuring the all necessary steps are in accordance with internal
policies and procedures to bring the transaction to a ready to close status. This position will obtain essential
documentation, submit to underwriting within determined timeframes and work with customer to satisfy all
conditions of approval within salability guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
• Cultivate and maintain a close relationship with all parties involved in the mortgage transaction.
• Gather information and take each file from underwriting decision to closing.
• Obtain borrower documentation once underwriting decision has been obtained.
• Responsible for keeping borrower informed from the time loan is decision through closing.
• Set and maintain proper expectation to all parties on the file (including internal customers, e.g., loan
officers, sales managers).
• Input proper loan information into the system for processing.
• Responsible for ensuring that all loan documentation is complete accurate verified and complies with
• Verify loan documents including income, assets, credit, appraisal and title insurance; in addition to,
verifying application for final submission to underwriting.
• Review file documentation and make sure all items needed are requested. Order and coordinate loan
• Communicate with borrowers, fellow employees and clients in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact, and
• Responsible for using independent judgment/decision-making to look at ways to improve the origination
process through information received from our customers.
• Responsible for managing anticipated closing date.
• Responsible for managing rate lock expiration date.
• Minimum of 5 years experience processing full doc purchase loans
Other Related Duties:
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or Technical school; and a minimum of five (5)
years experience processing full document loans. Must have experience processing purchase transactions, strong
conventional, FHA, VA, and government loan mortgage processing experience; knowledge of how to read DU
Freedom Mortgage is a privately held, full-service residential mortgage lender licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. We are one of the largest and fastest-growing privately held mortgage companies in the country, as well as the #7 lender in the nation. Freedom Mortgage currently services more than $100 billion, and we are a top VA and FHA lender. And we are continuing to grow! Freedom Mortgage is again on the Inc. 5000 list of the nation's fastest growing private firms. This year we ranked #1842; our revenue ranks as the largest in the state of NJ and largest nationwide in the category of Financial Services in 2017.
Freedom Mortgage has over 5300 employees and offices nationwide. Locations include suburban Philadelphia (multiple sites in Southern New Jersey and Fort Washington, PA) and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers in Melville, NY; Orlando, FL; San Diego, CA; San Dimas, CA; and Tempe, AZ.
Freedom Mortgage team members enjoy our total rewards program, including excellent benefits, perks, business casual dress, rewards programs, training, development and career opportunities. Community spirit is one of our shared values and Team Freedom Cares is our philanthropic arm helping us get involved in the communities in which we operate. Learn more about us and apply!