Escrow Processor at Freedom Mortgage
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Fort Washington, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job ID: 2565
Location: Fort Washington, PA
Functional Area: Servicing
Employment Type:Full Time
Relocation Provided: No
Perform assigned functions within Escrow Administration timely and accurately while remaining compliant with all state, federal and investor guidelines. Assist the supervisor with planning/organizing to ensure timely and accurate execution of escrow administration activities; provide training to new staff members; assist with refresher training for the existing staff on new processes, changes, and designated/requested topics; serve as the day to day contact person for questions and guide the work flow for assigned functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide training to new hires and serve as the initial resource for questions from new or existing staff on designated activities/functions.
- Assist with identification or refresher training topics based on observation or results and assist with training on the same.
- Interact with outsourcing vendors for information and account updates relative to real estate tax processing, insurance tracking and hazard loss claims.
- Set-up payee headers; reconcile disbursements and escrow refunds.
- Assist with vendor issues, such as pulling legal description, loading flood determinations, etc.
- Assist in responding to audits, procuring documents, with department mailings and other clerical duties.
- Handle/process checks and wires, stop payments, return checks and refunds.
- Department lead for completion of monthly escrow analysis trial reviews.
- Coordinate escrow analysis out of compliance reviews.
- Perform quality control testing of escrow analysis and PMI billing report.
- Correct and analyze PMI DI exceptions.
- Administer the PMI/MIP removal process to ensure that coverage is removed in accordance with applicable investor and regulatory requirements.
- Research items related to tax penalties, tax and insurance matters, loss draft claims and/or escalated client issues.
- Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to, review/clear assigned tasks within required timeframes; documents required notations; monitor vendor tasks and responses.
- Monitor/respond to email inquiries.
- Coordinate department audit requests.
- Advise supervisor/manager of status of work, unresolved escalated items and/ or potential risk/exposure issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally (both oral and written) with peers. Ability to handle difficult scenarios when they arise and diffuse situations accurately with positive outcome. Must be dependable and responsible to work in a remote location if applicable, proficient at process flow and time management.
- Minimum 2 years mortgage servicing experience preferably in Real Estate taxes, homeowners insurance, flood, Mortgage Insurance and/or loss draft claims areas
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and follow-up skills
Freedom Mortgage is a privately held, full-service residential mortgage lender licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. We are one of the largest and fastest-growing privately held mortgage companies in the country, as well as the #7 lender in the nation. Freedom Mortgage currently services more than $100 billion, and we are a top VA and FHA lender. And we are continuing to grow! Freedom Mortgage is again on the Inc. 5000 list of the nation's fastest growing private firms. This year we ranked #1842; our revenue ranks as the largest in the state of NJ and largest nationwide in the category of Financial Services in 2017.
Freedom Mortgage has over 5300 employees and offices nationwide. Locations include suburban Philadelphia (multiple sites in Southern New Jersey and Fort Washington, PA) and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers in Melville, NY; Orlando, FL; San Diego, CA; San Dimas, CA; and Tempe, AZ.
Freedom Mortgage team members enjoy our total rewards program, including excellent benefits, perks, business casual dress, rewards programs, training, development and career opportunities. Community spirit is one of our shared values and Team Freedom Cares is our philanthropic arm helping us get involved in the communities in which we operate. Learn more about us and apply!