Rideshare Program Administrator III at Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Pasadena, CaliforniaJob Description:
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Requisition ID 2018-9480
2320 - SECURITY OPERATIONS
Minimum Years of Experience
Able to Obtain
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That's our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you're driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you're ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
Protective Services Division (PSD) manages physical security, fire protection and emergency preparedness response, continuity of operations, personnel security, investigations, foreign national access, and special programs.
The JPL PSD is responsible for:
- Operate as liaison with Federal, state, and local law enforcement, the NASA Office of Inspector General (OIG), and the U.S. intelligence community.
- Perform administrative and criminal investigations and coordination with the OCIO for IT Security.
- Provide security oversight of the California based Goldstone and Table Mountain facilities.
- Manage visitor processing, access control, badging, and NASA's Identity, Credential and Access Management (ICAM) credentialing process.
- Manage the Electronic security system, including installation, repair, and maintenance (video, radio, alarm, public address, badge reader systems).
- Manage the Industrial Security Program and comply with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- Plan and support special events and provide and coordinate flight hardware transportation security. This opportunity seeks a highly motivated, innovative, results-oriented, business leader as our Business Operations Manager. You will join a dedicated team of security professionals in the continuous delivery services to the Laboratory. The role is expected to conduct and support day to day business and administrative operations, and other duties as assigned.
We are looking for explorers and bold pioneering spirits to join the Laboratory to help us do things never done before and to go places few can go.
As part of JPL's Protective Services Security Operations Team, this position will play an integral role in JPL's quest to reduce our carbon footprint and support alternative modes of commuting to the JPL campus. In addition, since parking is in short supply at JPL, this position will co-administer the parking program ensuring an equitable parking solution for all personnel. The Parking and Rideshare Program Administrator facilitates and implements JPL's transportation goals, develops and oversees alternate transportation programs and services in a manner that supports sustainability, and provides oversight for the related practices, processes, planning and service.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain current and accurate rideshare and parking data.
- Plan and present educational/information meetings.
- Serve as an ambassador for transit (bus, train (light rail/heavy rail), rideshare (carpool/vanpool), active transportation (biking/walking) to JPL personnel.
- Provide customer service to JPL personnel who are currently in the commute program or who are seeking alternative transportation information.
- Staff tabling events and fulfill incentive programs for Commute Option events including the annual Bike Run and Safety Days.
- Act as the department's liaison with South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD). Responsibilities include coordinating the annual transportation survey, ensuring compliance with the annual trip reduction plan, and helping to write, edit, and design JPL's program policies as well as administrative and promotional materials
- Demonstrate creative skills at developing marketing campaigns, promotional events, meetings, themes, communications, posters, emails, website and mailings.
- Participate in and contribute to Parking Services Strategic planning.
- Support and/or conduct, parking stall count and occupancy data collection and analysis.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by the Division Management.
- Metro Bus Service Liaison
- Lab Shuttle service Liaison
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Bicycle Share and bicycle registration
- Emergency Ride Home program
- Typically requires a Bachelors with 6 years of related experience, Masters with 4 years of related experience, or PhD with 2 years of related experience.
- Excellent customer service, communications, marketing and project management skills.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability and willingness to handle multiple projects, tasks, demands and moving targets are a must. We have a lot going on so you'll need to have a strong attention to detail and proficiency in research/data analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make public presentations to large or small groups.
- MS Office proficiency required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and eligible to obtain a Secret Level security clearance.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- A background in communications, marketing, planning, or a similar field
- Attributes of an ideal team player and a can-do attitude.
- A strong sense of independent responsibility. You're part of a very supportive team, but you own the projects you're working on.
- Previous experience implementing Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program strategies or even previous experience working in property management is a plus.
- Local knowledge. A strong familiarity along with the local transit systems is helpful. An interest or background with biking, walking, carpooling or vanpool is terrific.
- Have knowledge of Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of applications.
Caltech/JPL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Caltech/JPL to provide equal employment opportunities, actively recruit, and include for employment consideration all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.