Program Officer at IREX
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Washington, Washington DCJob Description:
International • Tunis,
POSITION TITL E: Program Officer
REPORTS TO: Country Director
LOCATION: Tunis, Tunisia
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing thought leadership and innovative programs to promote positive lasting change globally. We promote better lives through education, the development of civil society and independent media, and the establishment of strong and enduring institutions that contribute to human development. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million and a staff of 400 professionals worldwide.
Summary of Position
IREX seeks a dynamic leader to oversee on-the-ground implementation of an international educat ion program. The Program Officer will manage and implement significant Tunisian based program components, including outreach and recruitment, alumni activities, and coordination with the public and priv ate higher education sector . The Project Officer will report to the Tunisia -based Country Director.
This posi tion open to Tunisian nationals, and only citizens or residents of Tunisia will be considered.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Oversees day-to-day on-the-ground management of international education program funded by the USG.
- Manages components of program processes, schedules, and overall program operations in Tunisia .
- Provides input to the development of training design, training materials, and monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Facilitates and leads outreach and recruiting events, training workshops, meetings, and other events.
- Nurture and maintain a strong relationship with the alumni network.
- Manage, mentor and coach project participants, Alumni consultants, and/or partners.
- Identify and effectively communicate program successes to internal and external audiences.
- Ensures compliance with donor requirements.
- Contribute to program administrative and financial manage ment
- Other programmatic and administrative duties as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Three to five years of progressive experience in international education or development.
- Experience collaborating with Tunis- and regionally-based higher education institution stakeholders, including ministries, universities, NGOs, and others.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the Tunisian public and private university and technical institute systems.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement opportunities for continued professional growth for beneficiaries.
- Proven expertise in training design and facilitation skills.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize
- Able to work independently and as a team member with consistent ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible
- Strong work ethic, ability to work in a multicultural environment and work well with Tunisian based and international team members.
- Professionalism in written correspondence and report writing, excellent presentation and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English required; proficiency of French and/or Arabic required.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field; Master's or higher preferred.
- Previous project management experience.
- International academic experience, preferred
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements with your application. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE