Critical Care Transport Registered Nurse at Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Superior Air - Ground Ambulance Service, Inc., founded in 1959, is recognized as a national leader in the healthcare community. Partners include large healthcare systems, professional and collegiate sports teams and municipalities. Superior provides contract and philanthropic standby medical services for high profile community events and is federally recognized as a premier provider for emergency and disaster relief services. Superior is currently expanding EMS Services in 5 states, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin.
- Provide high quality care to patients in the transport environment under the direction of the Program Medical Director and the referring and/or receiving Physician in accordance with Critical Care policies, protocols and standards of care.
- Autonomously evaluate critically ill or injured patients of all age groups (pediatric through adult), provide therapeutic intervention, emergency interventions, and preparation for transport (via ground or helicopter) from hospitals or accident scenes.
- Maintain clinical proficiency across all aspects of the Critical Care Division's scope of practice including care of patients with neurological emergencies, cardiac emergencies, pediatric emergencies, obstetrical emergencies, traumatic emergencies, and any other patient populations transported by the Critical Care Division.
- Maintain clinical competency in all critical care procedures and equipment, including but not limited to ventilators, IV pumps, dopplers, chest tubes, hemodynamic monitoring, Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumps, ventricular assist devices, Impella cardiac assist devices, transcutaneous/transvenous pacers, external ventricular drains, and advanced airway management.
CCT Tier II - 2 years ALS experience
CCT Tier III - 3 years ALS experience
Required Certifications upon completion of training: BLS / ACLS / PALS / PHTLS (ITLS) / CCEMTP or CCP sponsored and/or paid for by Superior Ambulance.
Education: Paid continuing education including maintaining of certifications.
- NRP within 1 year of employment
- Board Certification within 1 year of employment
- FEMA Training Courses: ICS 100/200, NIMS 700/800, HazMat IS-5.a
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois
Hours: Full Time
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing including a complete physical and lifting agility examination.
- Must be able to work in confined space in a stressful environment while providing patient care required.
To be considered for a Flight Endorsement, a Critical Care Paramedic must be at a Level III. All qualified CCT personnel will have the opportunity to apply for an open position. The application process may include written and practical examination, interviews with CCT leadership, and an interview with the Program Medical Director. Personnel with a Flight Endorsement are expected to work a hybrid ground and flight schedule. Personnel may be assigned to an ambulance or the helicopter at the discretion of management and be prepared to be reassigned as deployment requires.
Additional Education Requirements
Prior to independent flight, paramedics must fulfill all requirements of flight orientation including:
- Training required by the contracted air operator (FAR Part 135 Certificate Holder)
- Competencies in flight equipment and procedures
Within 6 months of receiving Flight Endorsement, paramedics must obtain and maintain currency in:
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certifcation
- Indiana Paramedic License (Illinois Paramedics Only)
- National Registry Paramedic (NR-P) certification
- Certified Flight Paramedic (FP-C)
Additional Physical Requirements
- Must adhere to aeromedical crew member weight requirements.
- Must be able to independently load the flight stretcher and the flight isolette into the helicopter.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer . Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D