Maintenance Technician at Community Coffee
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Community Coffee Company is a high performance company with emphasis on teamwork and employee care. Steeped in tradition as rich as our coffee, we pride ourselves on our commitment to providing exceptional products, services, and solutions for our customers. Focused on growth, our company is looking for exceptional individuals who share our values and our vision of being the best coffee company in America.
We are searching for a Maintenance Technician to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair manufacturing equipment and associated control systems. This equipment consists of motors, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, conveyor systems, and associated control systems (e.g. electronic sensors, PLCs, HMIs).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment to maximize machine reliability.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform technician skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Update PM’s and operating procedures to increase machine reliability.
- Contribute in the training of process operators in trouble shooting and repair.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Responsible for sanitation and safety of work area and maintenance of equipment in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices and Global Food Safety Initiative Standards
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts to raise manufacturing performance in order to meet and exceed critical Plant Safety, Quality, Service, and Cost KPI’s.
- Job related certificate from college or technical school and 2 or more years of maintenance or packaging machinery experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience. Maintenance experience in consumer goods and food and beverage industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of CFR 110, current good manufacturing practices and Global Food Safety Initiative Standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Products Word Processing software.
- Knowledge of SAP and CMMS systems a plus.
- 5% travel
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k), short- and long-term disability, paid time off, employee assistance program, credit union, and educational assistance.
Community Coffee Company, LLC is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.