Mechanic, Truck (Baytown, TX) at Enterprise Products Company
Posted in Drivers 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baytown, Texas
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership’s assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
Make the most of your talents in a fast-paced environment driven by people who strive for achievement. Enjoy corporate strength, stability, and a rewarding career at a growing industry-leading and diverse operating company with a track record for success. Tap into the professional possibilities of Enterprise Products Company.
The Truck Mechanic will perform mechanical functions and duties of inspecting, checking, trouble-shooting, repairing, and replacing all mechanical equipment in order to maintain high levels of safe and productive equipment performance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete all records of work performed and comply with Federal, State, and company rules and regulations.
- Must be on time, cleanly dressed and available for work at scheduled work shifts or on call periods.
- Must supply and maintain defective-free hand tools to perform duties.
- Test drive vehicles that have been repaired to ensure all repairs were properly performed.
- Inspect and work with brakes as stipulated in Section 396.25 of The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR).
- Perform vehicle inspections that meet the qualifications & requirements stipulated in Section 396.19 of the FMCSR.
- Perform regulatory required inspections.
- Use diagnostic equipment, welding and cutting machines, tire mounting, replacement, and repairing equipment.
- Work on all equipment at the terminal level, such as, steam rack equipment, shop equipment, and company cars and pickups.
- Maintain all equipment to the highest quality, in a timely manner, while keeping cost at a minimum.
- Participate and successfully complete training programs, process safety management reviews, and safety meetings required to comply with state and federal regulations.
- Review procedures as necessary to ensure compliance of all company and industry standards to meet all regulatory agency requirements.
- Ability to optimize work to effect a minimal amount of overtime.
- Perform and assist in scheduling of repairs when the Shop Foreman is unavailable.
- Perform remedial and preventative maintenance and maintain facility appearance and safety through good housekeeping practices inside and outside of the facilities.
- Participate in available cross training to effectively develop skills in areas specific to other mechanics.
- Must use and wear all PPE when required.
- Train and guide others to learn duties of Mechanic.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is preferred.
- Technical certification or equivalent training in a mechanical environment or energy related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 3+ years mechanic experience in a related field is required.
- A valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required.
- Must supply and maintain defective free hand tools to perform duties.
- The ability to test drive vehicles that have been repaired to ensure all repairs were properly performed is required.
- Ability to read and understand, analyze and interpret documents, equipment repair manuals, reports and federal, state and local codes and regulations.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions is required.
- Basic computer skills such as: opening, creating and updating content in MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets is required.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, customers, and stakeholders of the business, at various levels of the organization, in a business like and professional manner is required.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues. Quickly and efficiently completes tasks.
- The ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability and commitment to the role, team and company.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with less definition, policy, and bureaucracy.
- Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment.
- Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100 foot pounds of torque.
- Must wear special safety equipment while working and must be able to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or protective equipment.
- The ability to take call-outs and work overtime is required.
- Must live or relocate to within 1 hour of reporting location.