Senior Manager, R&D at Hyland Software
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Westlake, OhioJob Description:
Hyland Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Hyland Software provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions because of a disability, please contact Hyland Software’s Human Resources Department at 440-788-5000.
Hyland Software does not accept headhunter or agency resumes through this website, and will not pay any referral or recruitment fees without a written agreement.
Job ID 2018-3771
# of Openings 1
Job Locations Building 3 Westlake, Ohio
Category Engineering and Testing
The Senior Manager, R&D is responsible for several technical teams in the delivery of quality products in a timely manner. Collaborates with other R&D leaders to ensure a cohesive product suite. Works with stakeholders across the company to represent the product and meet customer needs.
- Provide leadership to R&D Managers and team members from several teams to complete their assigned duties and meet or exceed expectations. Work with the R&D leadership team to provide appropriate resources to accomplish objectives.
- Lead several teams to deliver new product functionality and complete required maintenance/backlog work. Accountable for delivering quality products in a timely manner.
- Manage and direct all aspects of performance and compensation management for direct reports and their teams. Provide frequent performance and developmental feedback. Recruit and retain employees.
- Anticipate, budget, and plan for needs. Lead managers to establish and maintain staffing levels, training plans, cross training initiatives, performance requirements, and equipment needs. Oversee the training and development of managers and staff.
- Set product vision with technical leadership and product management; ensure teams are aligned with architectural vision. Work collaboratively across the organization, demonstrating and fostering teamwork to achieve objectives.
- Participate in the establishment of department processes and standards to ensure alignment across the R&D organization. Ensure accountability and consistency on team performance, metrics, etc. Continuously improve processes within span of control; actively contribute to department and company process improvements.
- Provide product level leadership in the planning process, backlog prioritization, and related activities. Communicate project updates and accomplishments to R&D executives.
- Conduct workshops, seminars, and training events for employees, customers, and partners. Facilitate technical discussions and training with technical experts and stakeholders.
- Operate as an innovative thought leader among the team. Contribute significantly to the overall growth and knowledge base of the department. Make recommendations for best practices. Accommodate and champion change efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience in software development, quality assurance, or related technical work.
- Demonstrated success as an effective leader, especially with technical teams. Experience with Agile, or willingness to learn and follow Agile, Scrum, or other appropriate principles and methodologies.
- Experience working effectively with coworkers, customers, partners, and executives from diverse academic, professional, and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present technical material.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience in demonstrating focus to lead multiple teams to complete their highest priorities.
- Fast learner with an aptitude for technology. Commitment to stay current on industry best practices through participation in professional associations, outreach activities, or appropriate educational opportunities.
- Successful at facilitating a collaborative team environment and leading consensus within a team.
- Ability to provide exceptional follow through and collaboration.
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility/accountability in managing budgets.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the principal duties.