Student Accounting Specialist at Universal Technical Institute
Posted in Finance 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bloomfield, New Jersey
Job ID: 3752
Perform activities in support of Student Accounting functions. Participates with other service areas to facilitate consistent delivery of service and information.
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
• Guide students and parents on payment plans, outstanding balances, and refunds. Provide in-depth customer service to students regarding financial matters.
• Collect all student payments for tuition and fees. Post wire transfers, EFTs and automatic credit card payments.
• Generate reports related to student ledger maintenance; follow-up on unapplied payments, Debit/Credit, Past Due Payments, etc.
• Ensure student accounts are current and are paid in full by graduation. Review Academic Standing Report, charge retake fees, work closely with Financial Aid to ensure all funding is posted and with students, generate student invoices and past due notices.
• Post student and tuition and fee charges, coordinating with the various offices that generate those charges (i.e. Student Services, Financial Aid, etc.)
• Create and distribute checks to students, parents, and agencies.
• Assist with New Student Registration prepare, order and inventory handouts.
• Assist with month-end inventory including physical inventory counts and reconciliation.
• Distribute 1098T’s and answer all 1098T related student and parent questions
• Reconcile petty cash.
• Assist staff to code and reconcile Purchasing Credit Cards, timely and correctly.
• Maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with peers and positions outside of the accounting department.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience
• High School diploma or GED required
• Some accounting and/or general ledger experience preferred
• 1-3 year’s previous experience; preferably in an institution of higher education or in a customer service industry
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
• Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form with a diverse customer base in a welcoming and friendly manner.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are essential.
• Possess excellent customer service, problem-solving and time management.
• Must be detailed oriented with excellent organization skills.
• Knowledge of accounts receivables and collections.
• Ability to gain, understand and apply information related to the accounting functions of the campus.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional decorum.
• Knowledge of personal computer software applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds 5% or less of the workday
• Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
• Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
• Most job time spent sitting with occasional walking. Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.
• Regular business hours, ability for adaptable schedule and overtime.
• General technology as it relates to office administration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.