Mechanic Apprentice LTL1 at XPO Logistics Freight, Inc.
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: La Salle, Illinois
Pay starts at $22.20
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our skilled team of mechanics is the driving force that keeps our fleet of tractors and trailers operating in top condition. If you have strong mechanical and diagnostic abilities, a desire to take on challenges, and are a true team player dedicated to exceptional customer service, this position may be for you. XPO Logistics provides a safe working environment and the latest tools and equipment needed in order to perform at an exceptional level of efficiency.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all types of class 7 and 8 diesel equipment in compliance with the manufacturers' and company schedules
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all types of forklifts and trailing equipment in compliance with the manufacturers' and company schedules
- Access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance (including: inspect and perform work in, on or under parts of vehicles and trailers)
- Repair or rebuild all or part of equipment systems
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 1 year of experience in general heavy truck repair, automotive repair or equipment repair
- Equivalent Trade school/Technical school time may be applied toward this requirement
- Complete the XPO Logistics Apprentice Mechanic Program to progress to the next level
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time in various locations that may be outside
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally)
- Apply knowledge and work in accordance with DOT, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Interstate Authority, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations as required
- Supply own mechanic hand tools required for tractor/trailer and forklift repairs and maintenance
- Basic computer skills
It’d be great if you also have:
- Previous or current ASE certifications
- Basic welding skills (such as Oxy/Acetylene, MIG, and ARC)
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.