Chemical Operator I, 2nd Shift, Production at Dymax Corporation
Posted in Manufacturing 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Torrington, Connecticut
Responsible for following all procedures, SOP’s, work orders, and batch formulations for adhesive bulk materials. Safely operate the proper equipment required to convert raw materials and WIP into finished products to the highest quality standards. Assist in developing effective and safe manufacturing processes for adhesive products that achieve the company’s quality and our customer’s delivery requirements.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate all milling, and lifting equipment per SOP and work instructions.
- Accurately measure, fill, seal, label, and process chemical ingredients using specific tools and equipment per instructions to produce adhesive products.
- Follow SOP and formulations exactly and record correctly all required information legibly and accurately. Note any comments which may indicate quality concerns.
- Safely operate process equipment only as instructed by supervisor, work instruction, or equipment manual.
- Understand and follow safe handling procedures for all chemicals.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work station
- Assist in development and continuous improvements of Adhesive Manufacturing SOP’s
- Assist in development and continuous improvements of our 6’S program
- Maintain lot and material traceability throughout bulk adhesive process and finished packaging
- Using FIFO First in First out. Using oldest lot number first.
- Record all inventory transactions in location and weighed amount as required on work orders.
- Priority of job tasks is listed in order as given by the Adhesives Production Team Leader. Higher priorities supersede lower priorities except when authorized by Team Leader or Operations Manager.
- Put raw materials away in chemical operations department and carryout electronic transactions.
- Load oven with raw material for scheduled work and transfer electronically.
- Perform stock counts.
- Handle and organize hazardous and non-hazardous waste collection areas in accordance to current EH&S policies.
- Clean mixing vessels.
- Maintain inventory by putting away drums and pails in their proper locations after they are used each shift.
- Ensure all equipment is put back into proper locations at the end of each day.
- Properly dispose of empty adhesive pails and drums and coordinate with Inventory Control.
- Perform transaction in ERP system and perform various other duties on the computer.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Work experience in material processing required.
- Good Math skills Required.
- Must be able to develop a comprehensive knowledge of production, unit operations and trouble shooting. With training will work independently, little or no guidance or supervision is needed to carry out any assignments within a six month training period.
- This position requires a high level of attention to detail, excellent organization, communication and problem solving skills, the ability to hold a high level of confidentiality and good judgment.
- Must be competent in driving a fork truck, or able to become competent within one month.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor