Plant Engineering Supervisor at UPS
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
Location: Livonia, MichiganJob Description:
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to move your career path forward? UPS is seeking a passionate, results-driven Plant Engineering (PE) Supervisor to join our winning team. The PE Supervisor oversees UPS assets, including buildings, equipment and grounds, to ensure operations run efficiently. He/she supervises facility maintenance, housekeeping operations, environmental and labor compliance, facility safety-related issues and conveyor system reliability.
The PE Supervisor manages all project and process-engineering activities, including detecting issues and working with others to identify, recommend and implement cost-effective solutions that improve productivity. He/she determines corrective action for damaged or worn equipment and supervises the scheduling of necessary repairs and Preventative Maintenance Inspections (PMIs). The PE Supervisor also audits PMI completion and conducts facility and repair inspections, identifies operational improvements and coordinates equipment repairs to improve package flow and safety.
In addition to estimating project costs and assisting with schedules, drawings, feasibility studies and project funding requests, the PE Supervisor creates and distributes bid documents and project manuals, evaluates incoming bids and project estimates and recommends/awards contracts. He/she ensures facility appearance is maintained at an acceptable level at the most reasonable cost and may also supervise others.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops projects from concept to completion to meet operational/district requirements
- Maintains control of project expenditures to avoid cost overruns
- Supervises contractors and vendors to maintain control of project schedules and costs
- Conducts field investigations and prepares reports outlining issues
- Works with project managers to ensure work meets business needs, applicable codes and quality standards
- Inspects projects to ensure safety, environmental and contract compliance
- Determines employee training needs and produces continuous development plans
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient in developing project management plans and leading implementation using project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.)
- Skilled at creating estimates and forecasts based on research, analysis, and qualitative information within specified parameters
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of finance and accounting theory/principles to manage budgets
- Effectively develops preventative maintenance procedures, and communicates impact of poorly performing equipment on operations
- Identifies problems or inefficiencies with current buildings or plants, and modifies plans and recommends new design specs
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of physical asset management and identifies physical resources to meet business needs, and understands the appropriate use of existing physical tools, equipment and materials
- Identifies internal customers’ needs and vendors to meet operational requirements, determines costs, creates bid proposals, and analyzes vendor estimates and develops recommendations for award
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Preferred
- Experience identifying internal customer needs – Preferred
- Experience with vendor management to meet business needs – Preferred
- Experience with AutoCad or similar drafting programs – Preferred