HL Medical Courier Supervisor at Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois
All employees are expected to uphold the company's high values and impeccable reputation within the medical community. One must demonstrate the company's philosophy and values: TLCS= Timeliness, Looking Good, Customer Experience, & Safety.
Under the direction of the Medical Courier Program Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for training new employees, annual competency assessments, department scheduling, new account set up, invoicing, Dispatching, route optimization, overtime reduction, and all Medical Courier duties, including; safe packaging and delivery of medical equipment, medical records, lab specimens, supplies, X-Rays, etc. as an important part of patient care to hospitals, clinics, labs and nursing homes. Pick-ups and deliveries organized with direct communication to/from Dispatch in providing our clients the excellent customer service our company provides. Processes paper work for deliveries, insuring proper billing information and documentation tracking.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Good documentation, follow-up, and organization a must
- Willingness to spend time with employees needing professional development
- Ability to communicate proficiently and interact on cross-functional teams
- Attention to detail
- Valid driver's license
- Good driving record (provide Motor Vehicle Report)
- Available to work nights weekends when needed
- Ability to identify basic vehicle problems
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Willingness to submit to random drug tests
Expectation of the Position:
Supports the guiding principals & vision by exhibiting the following behavior with employees and providers:
- Excellence & Competence
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Document and create control mechanisms for quality assurance purposes
- Communicate expectations with Couriers and Dispatchers
- Dispatch calls and track progress of open orders
- Available to perform courier duties, including routes, during staffing constraints
- Provide appropriate documentation, paperwork, and reports on performance management
- Exposure to infectious biological specimens experienced on a daily basis*
- Ability to read a map and follow instruction/directions
*Must wear personal protective equipment when appropriate
- Understands and complies with departmental policies, protocols and procedures.
- Some medical terminology and product knowledge.
- Good customer service attitude.
- Motivated, self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Prior medical courier experience
- Knowledge of Xcelerator Software
- Minimum of 2 years of Supervisor experience, with an emphasis on Medical PHI transportation preferred
- Dispatch experience preferred.
- Experience with Quality Assurance and SOP documentation
- The candidate must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must have High School diploma; some college preferred.
- Be able to routinely lift and carry items up to 50 lbs. and reach overhead.
- Must be able to operate basic material handling devices.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is consistently required to sit; use hands, fingers, handle, feel; and talk, hear & see. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally required to work under high pressure in a fast-paced environment with employees in 3 states in multiple locations. Travel to other company and locations are required to conduct inventory and assist with restocking. Lifting requirements of up to 50 lbs.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly in verbal contact with others and constantly works face-to-face with medical staff and others. Consistently operates motor vehicles, use of radio equipment, and documents deliveries.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer . Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D