User Experience Designer at EA
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Orlando, Florida
User Experience Designer
Are you passionate about design and the future of web and digital interfaces? The Global Communications Group at EA is seeking a talented and accomplished Experience Designer to help leadthe effort in the creation of digital products that support our games and extend them to the web. Leveraging expert skills in UX & UI design, EA is looking for a candidate driven to create AAA player-centric experiences on par with our games’ attention to craft and detail. The work includes the creation of content-driven web and mobile sites, highly immersive and interactive web experiences, as well as web-based and mobile services & applications.
Candidates will be responsible for leading products through complex requirement gathering processes involving many stakeholders and constraints, the creation of concepts, wireframes and prototypes to create alignment within the team, and meticulously crafting those concepts into finished products by working with partners on the design and engineering teams.
Our ideal candidate is not only obsessed with delivering the highest quality digital experiences, but is also able to pitch and defend work while professionally responding to feedback. Above all, candidates should thrive in a highly collaborative and iterative environment, and contribute to driving these measures forward.
- Create world class designs using your knowledge of all aspects of the user centered design processs.
- Be able to use the right tools for the right job. Draw, prototype, code, verbalize. Whatever communicates the idea best.
- Participate in developing the team’s process, with an emphasis on putting players first
- Conduct stakeholder interviews, requirement gathering sessions and organizational research to understand all user and business requirements.
- Lead franchise-level art direction to ensure the seamless execution of interaction design and visual design on the web
- Contribute to product strategy: help shape the future of EA’s web execution and help craft the communication to the team and larger organization
- Provide feedback on other designers’ work via brainstorms, work sessions, reviews and presentations
- Oversee guidelines and consistency of interactive design across projects
- Assist in the creation of strategic materials and demos to internal and external teams
- Participate in internal reviews
- Pitch new ideas to game teams and executives
- As an interaction design expert, be a leader on the design team: identify areas of growth at the team and individual levels, mentor junior designers, track and communicate progress to leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in design, HCI or a design-related field, plus 5+ years professional design practice, or equivalent experience
- An exceptional portfolio demonstrating a track record of successfully delivering a wide range of digital products such as marketing web sites, immersive experiences, native web/mobile applications & services.
- A solid understanding of the product lifecycle and buiding and iterating on products with large and established userbases.
- Thorough understanding of responsive design best practices and designing for the mobile web
- Expertise in prototyping and presentation-layer development — you should be able to build what you design in HTML, CSS and JS
- Fluent knowledge of Sketch, the Adobe Suite and other design and rapid-prototyping tools
- Experience running user testing and measuring usability
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of online product trends and best practices
- A passion for gaming is a big plus
Please also include a link to your portfolio for review.