Data Infrastructure Engineer, Dynamic Omnichannel Messaging at EA
Posted in Science 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Redwood City, California
EA is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to build enterprise-level solutions for complex and dynamic marketing use cases. This role will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the environment, capacity management, database demand planning and volumetrics, security, configuration, run-time optimization, and managing a team of other engineers responsible for various aspects of the tech stack. This individual will be part of the Dynamic Omnichannel Messaging (DOM) team, a centralized, always-on, automated marketing program that drives acquisition, engagement and retention across EA’s portfolio of games and destinations.
Works cross-functionally with strategists, technical project managers, developers, solutions architects, and analytics to ensure business needs are translated into technical actions and employs database design best practices. Requires a high degree of critical thinking and practical problem-solving to create world-class, industry-leading solutions.
The Dynamic Omnichannel Messaging team’s primary goal is to motivate players to engage with EA games by delivering content against key moments in the player’s journey. The team focuses on leveraging behavioral and transactional data, as well as automation tools to deliver personalized messages, at scale. The team strategically delivers enterprise-wide solutions that allow for cross-channel marketing automation and power new digital business models.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Database and data model design and optimization
- Data source creation, conditioning, and migration
- ETL creation, maintenance, and performance monitoring
- Database security and policy compliance
- Capacity planning, forecasting, and scalability
- Diagnosis of problems, including root cause analysis, identifying and implementing solutions
- Gather requirements from developers, solutions architects, strategists etc.
- Keep up to date and train others on emerging technologies
- Act as a consultant to solutions architects and business partners, recognizing and managing technical dependencies
- Adapt to changes in job requirements, learning and applying new skillsets as needed to ensure team’s and company’s success
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 6+ years in relational database in production, enterprise environment
- Knowledge and experience with CRM, marketing data, and marketing technology, a plus
- Expert level proficiency in SQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, HIVE, RedShift SQL
- Other programming skills such as C#, Java, C++, a plus
- Advanced knowledge of SQL optimization techniques
- Knowledge of dimensional modeling, star schema, analytics, and other data warehousing skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, and deadline-oriented environment
- 1-2 years of management experience, including experience with driving career growth through the use of development plans, feedback, and coaching; leads team health initiatives to build high-performing teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Build universal workflow that supports dynamic content development across CMO.
- Ability to keep everyone (Global Media, Marketing Infrastructure and Operations, Global Communications, Creative, International Marketing, Localization) aligned and tracking towards established timelines.
- Management of SLAs and process documentation for Paid Media.
- Delivery of monthly internal GE&A newsletter.