Dealer Representative at PPG Industries
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Reno, Nevada
The Dealer Representative is responsible for developing and maintaining strategic partnerships with key dealer accounts. Through relationship management of the dealership owners, their management and sales teams, provide value-adding sales support that will help them grow their business through the promotion and sale of PPG products to end-users.
Job responsibilities include:
- Ensure all Dealer accounts are meeting sales and profit goals.
- Develop and execute a strategy with existing dealers to identify end-users and make joint calls to promote and sell PPG products and services.
- Provide, sell and educate Dealers on tools to promote PPG products - product support, sales promotions, marketing and merchandising materials and advertising opportunities. This would include all PPG product categories including sundries.
- Organize/conduct dealer/end-user education and product information seminars.
- Use all necessary information (e.g. geomarketing data) on new/existing end-user customers, markets, competition and product/service performance and use to help dealers develop and execute their market strategy.
- Through either partnering with dealer sales force or through own initiative, call on architectural firms, general contractors, engineering firms, etc, to get PPG products specified.
- Build strong relationships with contractors/customers through taking an active role in local industry trade associations.
- Work with Dealer representatives to schedule weekly calls at either dealer and/or end-user locations and ensure prompt follow-up and response to any specific customer needs.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with Dealer store personnel.
- Use initiative in handling customer problems, complaints and warranty issues. Resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for account receivables in territory and ensure compliance with credit policies.
- Achieve Price and Margin targets by managing pricing, credits, job quotes and follow up on expiring job quotes.
- Carry out responsibilities in an accident-free, ethical manner in accordance with PPG policy.