Building Maintenance Technician at Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service
Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Warren, Michigan
Building Maintenance Technician
Under the general supervision of the Executive Operations Liaison, the Building Maintenance Technician performs a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds of various facilities and sites including carpentry/flooring, electrical, plumbing, masonry, roofing, HVAC and painting tasks.
One primary goals of Superior Air-Ground Ambulance to provide high quality support to the employees it serves. Such a level of quality depends ultimately on the staff's desire and ability to work together, individually, and as a team. The employee is expected to be professional, punctual, maintain regular attendance, cooperative, organized, and enthusiastic at all times.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carpentry/flooring - Performs basic rough and finished carpentry work in construction and repair of structures such as partitions, walls, doors, fences, window frames, office furniture, roofs, and shelves.
- Electrical - Performs basic electrical installation and repair work in wiring for switches, outlets, plugs, cables, power circuits and appliances; repairs lighting systems; inspects electrical systems for unsafe conditions.
- Plumbing/Painting - Identifies and performs basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks; opens clogged lines and drains; replaces washers and other minor parts; applies and prepares various surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish or stain; repairs wall coverings.
- Masonry: Lays forms, mixes, pours and finishes concrete for buildings, sidewalks and slabs.
- Landscaping: Trims, sweeps, and otherwise helps maintain facilities as needed.
- HVAC: Has a general knowledge of HVAC systems, change filters, perform general maintenance on systems.
- Track-It Ticketing System - Each technician will be assigned to specific sites to complete regularly scheduled maintenance tasks.
- Performing a Can-Do Spirit while other duties may be assigned.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with all levels of staff and personnel to ensure maximum communication and cooperation.
- Participate in departmental and company meetings as required.
- Performs other such duties as may be required.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures (i.e. sop's, environmental audits, unit reviews, etc.).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) year minimum experience in Building Maintenance.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Occasionally: kneeling, stooping, stretching, bending, leaning; must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Frequently: hearing/listening, clear speech, reaching, touching, typing
- Ability to perform visual inspections.
Works outdoors and indoors with occasional exposure to hazardous conditions and to blood/body fluids, fumes/odors, extended day, and temperature changes. Frequently works with others, face-to-face contact with others with exposure to noise, mechanical equipment, and electrical equipment.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer . Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D