Assembler A (1st Shift) at Construction Specialties
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Muncy, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
# Positions 2
Type Regular Full-Time
Working under minimum supervision, performs various manufacturing operations on jobs. Includes
manufacture of sub-assemblies and final assembly.
- Receives work assignments from department Supervisor. Processes work according to shop order, cut sheets or shop drawings.
- Completes assigned tasks alone or assists others in various tasks
- Scan time and quantities in BPCS for work performed.
- Ensures that guards and safety devices are installed on equipment used and are operating properly. Performs required equipment safety inspections. Reports any discrepancies to Supervisor and shuts equipment down.
- Reviews job requirements and checks completed work to ensure manufactured or assembled products comply with requirements and meet quality standards.
- Adjusts and operates saw equipment to cut extruded stock, firebarrier, metal and plastic to the size and shape specified by the work order. Positions fixtures and clamps to properly locate direction of cut.
- Assures quality of work through accuracy, neatness, paying attention to details, thorough understanding of information, with minimal amount of rework. Conveys personal commitment to quality by demonstrating good quality behavior. Identifies and acts upon opportunities to improve quality of material or process.
- Uses other shop equipment as needed such as table saw, upright band saw, hand drill or drill press, punch and die press, fixed router, nut drivers, heat forming/welding equipment, miter saw, and rivet tools.
- Request material as needed via material requisition. Ability to locate material via BPCS.
- Performs assembly using materials and parts designated by the work order, production sheet, drawings, or catalog specifications. Follows established procedures and operations prescribed to assemble products.
- Performs simple and repetitive manufacture or make up of sub-assemblies for stock or jobs.
- Performs on-going quality control of own work such as using color chips to verify correct color, product (extrusion) samples for correct size and shape, and measuring devices to verify correct lengths/widths.
- Follows directions to perform other company related work when time permits or when directed.
- Maintains work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly condition.
- Reports any problems or difficulties to Production Service Manager or Supervisor.
- Ensure that hazardous material and waste handling is conducted within the guidelines of the training provided.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard and Construction Specialties' Environmental Management System (EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job functions that may have a significant impact on the environment.
- High school graduate/GED required.
- Minimum of 6 month manufacturing/related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend work order, drawings and work instructions.
- Ability to continuously lift 25lbs and sometimes lift up to 100lbs.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to operator table saw, band saw, drill press, hand drill, nut driver, nail/staple gun, punch/die press, router, shaper, heat former/welder, miter saw, sander, rivet tool and measuring devices.
- Preferred: basic/intermediate metal and woodworking skills.
- Computer literacy - BPCS and VPL a plus.
- Able/Willing to work 1st Shift (6:00am - 2:30pm, M-F) plus overtime when available.
OUR COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AN INDIVIDUAL’S RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN’S STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW