JR Operator Material Handler (1ST SHIFT) at Construction Specialties
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Hughesville, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
# Positions 1
Type Regular Full-Time
Outstanding people, products and dedication to customer service have established our organization as a leader in the architectural building industry. For over 60 years, we have provided architects and contractors with innovative solutions to complex building design issues. We currently have the following exciting career opportunity: Junior Operator/Material Handler 1st Shift
Performs duties to prepare/pack parts for shipping, according to established procedures and in compliance with shipping requirements. Read blueprints. Builds crates and boxes around items to be shipped. Operates saws, drills, and punches, forming equipment to fabricate material to specifications. Loads, unloads and moves materials within/near plant. Performs assembly using materials designated by the work order/production sheet/drawings.
- High school graduate/GED required.
- Minimum of 6 months manufacturing/related experience, prefer.
- Ability to operate saws, drills, staple guns, punches and hand tools.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend work order, drawings and work instructions.
- Able to continuously lift 25lbs and sometimes lift 100lbs.
- Ability to organized and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Some forklift experience.
- Computer literacy - BPCS and VPL a plus.
- Able/willing to work 1st Shift (6:00am - 2:30pm) M-F.
OUR COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AN INDIVIDUAL’S RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN’S STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW