Private Banking Specialist II at Chemical Bank
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Troy, MichiganJob Description:
Status Type Full-Time
Department Private Banking South Rgn
Work Hours M-F 8-5
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
The Private Banking Specialist II will provide administrative and operational support to the Private Banker(s) while maintaining awareness of, and sensitivity to, confidential nature of client information and transactions. This role provides unparalleled customer service, is highly organized, competent in key administrative skills, well-spoken and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Associate's degree preferred
* 3 - 5 Years Experience in Function
* 5 - 7 Years Experience in Industry
* Ability to obtain NMLS Required
* High school diploma or GED required, Associate's degree in business preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of administrative or related experience, and 3-5 years in banking, with experience in account opening and consumer lending.
* Must be customer service driven, and able to deliver superior service to high net worth clients.
* Must be proficient in data entry and navigating through banking core system as well as CRM software and consumer lending data base.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
* Advanced listening, written and oral communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Working within delegated authority or standard department guidelines, provide assistance with client transactions and problem resolution, including deposit, borrowing, and online banking inquiries, treasury management, and trust.
* Assist clients with problems and needs when Private Banker is unavailable.
* Assist with loan documentation, transfer requests and opening of deposit accounts.
* Act as a liaison between the banking center team and private banking clients to ensure transactions are processed, including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashing checks, etc. while providing an unparalleled client experience.
Private Banker Support
* Arrange individual files for each premier banking client, and maintain updated personal financial statements, tax returns and other appropriate reporting information for each client.
* Provide telephone coverage; screen calls as needed, determine caller needs and necessary routing.
Take and deliver messages timely.
* Assist with calendar management, scheduling internal/external meetings. Manage facilities needs and coordinate conference calls.
* Provides administrative support to Private Bankers, which may include creating / assembling documentation, creating mailing shipments, making copies, distributing mail, etc.
* Plan and coordinate client appreciation events as needed.
Administration/Compliance Risk Management
* Carry out all activities with high level of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality.
* Maintain familiarity with systems and procedures for opening depository accounts and completing various depository transactions.
* Ensures prospect/client information is appropriately entered, updated, and managed via the database.
* Assist with departmental reports as needed.
* Participate in Chemical Cares Day, and other volunteer events in local community.
Other / Miscellaneous
* Travel is needed to meet with clients on-site at various locations across assigned region.
CHEMICAL BANK SUCCESS PROFILE
All team members are expected to exhibit the following competencies associated with our Corporate Success Profile:
* Customer Dedication
* Community Immersion
* Relationship Building
* Team Player
* Creative Initiative
* High Standards
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Team members in this role should also exhibit the following competencies:
* Job Knowledge
* Organizing and Planning
* Positive Impact
* Mission Focus
As a Chemical Banker, you will join other professionals who share our community banking philosophy of making a positive impact where we live, work and play. You will be a part of a growing community bank that believes in the dreams of its customers and employees alike. With Chemical Bank, you will make a difference in your community while enjoying excellent benefits and top career opportunities. Visit our Careers Page for more information.