Flight Coordinator OVERNIGHTS at Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service
Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is the largest independent, locally owned and operated Emergency Medical Service provider in Northern Illinois and Northwest Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio. We provide wheelchair transportation, Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, and Critical Care Ground Transportation: as well as Critical Care Rotary Air Transportation. Much of our proven success is attributable to the exceptional, compassionate customer service provided by our employees.
This position is responsible for the coordination of Air Med flights from arranging flight team (pilot, nurse, and other flight staff), monitoring flight en route to destination, and providing assistance when required.
- Possess pleasant and professional phone manner.
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced and time sensitive work environment
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Obtain and provide information to the air transport team in preparation of a flight.
- Maintain open communication with the pilots to determine weather conditions and flight status.
- Monitor and manage equipment including, but not limited to radios, satellite tracking system, Right Cad, multiple phone lines, etc.
- Organize and maintain access to highly sensitive materials.
- Obtain continuing education for maintaining current certifications (NAACS/EMD/CPR).
- Relay information and messages to and from hospital departments and emergency service agencies.
- Maintain knowledge of the Post Accident Incident Plan.
- Be familiar with a pilot map and how to plot coordinates as well as distance and heading.
- High School diploma or GED with EMD certification; NAACS preferred.
- A combination of education and experience may substitute if there is demonstrated knowledge, ability and skills to perform the work.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Proficiency in the English language is necessary in order to communicate effectively, receive and process information.
- Adapt to frequently changing policies.
- Medical background a plus.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer . Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D