IMC Dispatcher OVERNIGHTS at Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The IMC Dispatcher is responsible for scheduling customer pickups between clients and our IL Medicar Division. This includes being the first point of contact on the phone or via an electronic ordering mechanism, maintaining an acceptable turn-around-time, and communicating verbally and electronically with our drivers and IMC Management.
To perform the job successfully, strong attention to detail is a requisite; an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Experience dispatching same day or last mile logistics, call center experience, and customer service experience is a plus. Candidates must have knowledge of the Chicagoland and NW Indiana geography.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain daily dispatch operations. (Call taking, assigning pickups/deliveries, and communications to clients and staff).
- Conducts him/herself in a highly ethical and professional manner at all times.
- Exercises direct responsibility and authority for supervision.
- Exhibits willingness to work as a team member and is flexible, readily adapting to change.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with all team members.
- Maintain clear and effective communication with IMC Dispatch Supervisor.
- Report all incidents and safety issues to Risk/Safety Department.
- Handle complaints, as needed and communicate those to marketing/management.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and training classes.
- Conduct oneself in a positive, enthusiastic, and professional manner at all times.
- Maintain and achieve excellent customer relationships and customer service.
- Conform to the company dress code & uniform standard.
- Promote and maintain safety at all times.
- Make the appropriate ETA for clients, either same day or stat
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Ability to learn policies and procedures and recognizing when to apply them.
- Must have knowledge of the Chicagoland and NW Indiana geography
- Problem solving skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Should have "whatever it takes" attitude to get the job done.
- Ability to "multi-task" and handle fair amount of stress when busy.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Computer literate and good typing skills required.
- Experience dispatching same day or last mile logistics, call center experience, and customer service experience is a plus.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer . Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D